Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By pkcable
  • 6 Post By hopmedic
  • 2 Post By Funky Cricket
  1. Connectedly Question

About windows phones

How to delete the recently used apps.....like in iOS...double pressing the home button gives u access to change the apps....and by swiping upwards the apps history is deleted.....the same way is also in windows phones by holding the back icon which gives u access to switch apps....but in windows phones i dont know how to delete the app history.....is there a way to do it....if yes pls help me out.......if u want to know which Phone then its Nokia Lumia 625...pls help me out Anyone......
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,617 Global Posts
    I have reached out and I am attempting to get you an answer here.

Global Posts
    5,249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Connectedly Question View Post
    How to delete the recently used apps.....like in iOS...double pressing the home button gives u access to change the apps....and by swiping upwards the apps history is deleted.....the same way is also in windows phones by holding the back icon which gives u access to switch apps....but in windows phones i dont know how to delete the app history.....is there a way to do it....if yes pls help me out.......if u want to know which Phone then its Nokia Lumia 625...pls help me out Anyone......
    You can either swipe down on the card that represents the app (after you tap and hold back button), or hit the x on the card. But really there isn't a need to do so unless just for your own preference.

Managing Background Apps - Why You Don't Need To - Windows Phone Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    there is no history of "recently used". They are either open and in the background, or not open and not in the list. If you close each app from holding back, then they gone, so no one will see you had games or n0rp open.

i tried the same X mark thing but it was not available in my phone at all

i tried ur way but the X mark was not there at all....even i tried swiping down after i opened the switch apps menu....but it was not happening.....if there is a way to view the x mark then pls tell me....im really new at this.....

Global Posts
    34,006 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj Purohit21 View Post
    i tried ur way but the X mark was not there at all....even i tried swiping down after i opened the switch apps menu....but it was not happening.....if there is a way to view the x mark then pls tell me....im really new at this.....
    are you running the black update ? to check swipe from the right > scroll to the bottom until you get to settings > scroll down until you find Extras+ info > and the first thing you should see that software release you are running

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts
    I have to go along with PK as I am certain he has the same person in mind as I and we sure appreciate you being patient waiting for an answer. At least you will get he right one that will resolve it.

One last thing, You may like to go to WP Central and go Ask A Question there as well where I bet you will find an answer and solution almost right away . Please let us know the outcome so you can help others here if this comes up again.