Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

can any smartwatch connect directly to another smartwatch via bluetooth???

Hey everyone, this is my first posts in connectedly I'm excited to hear what you genius's have to say!

So, I'm honestly basing my first purchase of a smart watch off the answer to this question:

My friend and I want to get smartwatches but he's got a problem, his phone doesn't have service and its making it difficult as you could imagine to contact each other. Now I know, like a walkie-talkie, the range wouldn't be very far without a cellular service, but is there a smart watch that can connect directly via maybe Bluetooth to another smart watch without connecting through a phone?
  2. Best Answer

hey there...welcome to connectedly...

unfortunately no, but you could check out the Neptune Pine as a stand-alone device...its quite large but acts as a watch and a phone...

you can check out a great review on it by Penguwin here:
    http://forums.connectedly.com/neptun...ne-flesh-4773/

Ambassador

Global Posts
    2,133 Global Posts

unfortunately no, but you could check out the Neptune Pine as a stand-alone device...its quite large but acts as a watch and a phone...

Neptune Pine... In the flesh
    Penguwin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKerwin View Post

Neptune Pine... In the flesh
    First off, welcome to Connectedly! Glad to have ya!

As mentioned above, the Neptune Pine is an option... It will need a connection to the internet of some kind tho for messaging. The Pine may be a bit pricey depending on your budget tho.

If your friend already has a phone (and you do to), you can try talk to each other over Wi-Fi without needing to have cellular service. Of course, this means BOTH phones will have to have a connection to the internet (either thru a Wi-Fi connection or cellular provider). Many public places (McDonald's, Starbucks, public libraries, most coffee shops, etc.) will offer free Wi-Fi access, so you could try to go to one of those if you do not have Wi-Fi access at home.

Once connected to the internet, it's really as easy as just picking which messaging service you want to use (Skype, WhatsApp, etc.).