Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Connectedly Question

New to Philips Hue: couple of basic questions

For those of you familiar with the Philips Hue lighting system, a couple of (likely easy) questions:

[1] Am I correct that the official Hue App lets you only assign one static color per light (per "scene") and does not allow for dynamic color changing settings?

[2] I've found other apps (specifically for iOS) that do allow for dynamic colors, but it seems like there are frequent conflicts between the main app and these third party apps.

[3] Now that I'm financially wedded to Philips' expensive ecosystem, are there other products that will work with the Philips hub?

Thanks for your thoughts. (As a side note, I've tried joining Philips' own Hue forum, but it is either abandoned or their joining process is hosed...)
  2. Best Answer

The official app you can only do one color per bulb at a time, but there are plenty of third party apps that do the job just fine, most without conflict. Hue disco comes to mind and works like a champ with a slew of settings.

No other devices work with the hub AFAIK, just the Hue lights.

The Connected One

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    The official app you can only do one color per bulb at a time, but there are plenty of third party apps that do the job just fine, most without conflict. Hue disco comes to mind and works like a champ with a slew of settings.

No other devices work with the hub AFAIK, just the Hue lights.