Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Pebble and Fire Phone (or other Fire devices)

Hi,

I've got the Fire Phone and have always been interested in smartwatches, specifically the Pebble.

I understand Pebble supports any Android device with Android 4.0 and up and the Fire Phone runs FireOS 3.6.2 (Android 4.2). I have also already sideloaded the app for it and it seems to run just fine but I haven't got a Pebble yet.

I know there are some limitations on the FireOS and therefore I'm curious to find out whether anyone has tried using the Pebble with any Fire device before I purchase a Pebble.

Your help is much appreciated

Cheers
  2. Best Answer

I have not but I can't imagine that it won't work. I know there are other Android specific apps that will deliver more functionality to your Pebble, but can't remember what they're called. There are a lot of Android users with Pebble on this forum that can probably chime in.

Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    I have not but I can't imagine that it won't work. I know there are other Android specific apps that will deliver more functionality to your Pebble, but can't remember what they're called. There are a lot of Android users with Pebble on this forum that can probably chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by sejgiul View Post
    Hi,

I've got the Fire Phone and have always been interested in smartwatches, specifically the Pebble.

I understand Pebble supports any Android device with Android 4.0 and up and the Fire Phone runs FireOS 3.6.2 (Android 4.2). I have also already sideloaded the app for it and it seems to run just fine but I haven't got a Pebble yet.

I know there are some limitations on the FireOS and therefore I'm curious to find out whether anyone has tried using the Pebble with any Fire device before I purchase a Pebble.

Your help is much appreciated

Cheers
    How did you get pebble apk on fire phone? From where?

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Molina View Post
    I'm guessing sideloading would be required unless pebble is in the amazon app store as well.

As far as where to get the actual pebble .apk to sideload, I would probably try pebbles forums themselves... You should be able to get a beta .apk there.

Whether or not any of it will work is a question I don't have an answer for as I don't have any fire devices.
    The Smurf

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Molina View Post
    You can copy and paste

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Into

http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Give it a go.

Sent from my Passport