- Junior Member
09-23-2016, 06:43 PM #1
- 1 Posts
How can I disable or interrupt ROKU that's not mine but
My roommate watches too much Netflix on Roku way too loud. He won't turn it down. He's just a ****, really. I have a chromecast and cast Netflix on my own tv. We're on the same WIFI network and I'd like to know how to mess with his Netflix watching. How do I do this? HELP! I CAN'T SLEEP EVER!
- Senior Member
09-23-2016, 06:57 PM #2
- 3,794 Posts
First off... Welcome to Connectedly!
😎 I think talking to your roommate like adults would be the best option.
However, if the diplomatic approach fails... Most routers have filtering and sometimes even scheduling options that could not allow traffic to specific sites during certain hours if the day.
This is assuming, of course, that you have a cable router hooked up to your internet access. The settings would be in the router's configuration settings (usually accessed through a web browser using a specific address), however each router has a slightly different process to go about this. Look up on Google or in the router's owner's manual how to access the config menu for your specific router.
Even if you're successful, sooner or later... Your roommate is going to figure it out... So really, just talk with them like adults 😁.
- By Connectedly Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2016, 05:31 PM
- By uFlock in forum Jawbone UP3Replies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2016, 04:36 PM
- By Connectedly Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2016, 10:04 AM
- By Connectedly in forum Connectedly.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2016, 01:30 PM
- By Connectedly in forum Connectedly.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2016, 12:30 PM