Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Penguwin
  • 1 Post By leocarv84
  1. Connectedly Question

Connecting a Striiv touch to my Q10 running 10.3

Hello guys.

I purchased a Striiv Touch smartwatch, downloaded the app via 1mobile market, create the account, but the moment I tried to set the watch the process won't continue from "Identifying touch". I put the correct pin number, I charged it on its cradle, but won't link my app with the watch.

Any advice?

P.S: the app is running smoothly. My phone's bluetooth sees the device but can't connect neither. I reboot my phone and nothing has changed.

Hope I can fix this otherwise I will have to return it.

Leonardo
  2. Best Answer

Hopefully you can recover your tablet with TWRP or another ROM specifically meant for your tablet. The forums at Android Central HERE may be able to help with that.

Back to the Striiv watch tho, I'm not sure how well the BlackBerry / Android port is going to work with the Striiv. I know a lot of wearable devices have issues working properly with BlackBerry through these kinds of android ports at the moment. One of the few exceptions being the pebble watch that seems to work with third party blackberry software.

None the less,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ might be worth a look, however I suspect that the Striiv is simply not going to be able to function properly with your blackberry .

Global Posts
    4,616 Global Posts
    Welcome to Connectedly!

First off, I'm assuming you have an Android device as you mentioned using the 1 mobile market place, but which device/phone do you have? Is it currently running android version 4.3 or higher?

If yes to android 4.3, then the first thing I would try is uninstalling the striiv app you have from 1mobile market and try downloading the striiv app from the official Google play store here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iv.app.android

This is, of course, assuming you have access to the official Google play store from your phone/device. If you cannot access the Google play store, make sure that the version you have is the latest one... Striiv app version 1.0.710p is the latest version listed on the official Google play store.

Be sure to reply back here with that info about your device and whether the new app worked.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your response and for the warmth welcoming . I don't have an android device, I have a Blackberry Q10 running the Android port. It shows me that I have the version you say. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 (GT-N8013) but since I have Android 4.2 I can't install the app from Google Play. At this point, I think I screwed my tablet trying to upload a higher OS (kit kat) using Odin...

Global Posts
    4,616 Global Posts
    Hopefully you can recover your tablet with TWRP or another ROM specifically meant for your tablet. The forums at Android Central HERE may be able to help with that.

Back to the Striiv watch tho, I'm not sure how well the BlackBerry / Android port is going to work with the Striiv. I know a lot of wearable devices have issues working properly with BlackBerry through these kinds of android ports at the moment. One of the few exceptions being the pebble watch that seems to work with third party blackberry software.

None the less,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ might be worth a look, however I suspect that the Striiv is simply not going to be able to function properly with your blackberry .
    leocarv84 likes this.

Thanks a lot for your help. I returned my Striiv yesterday, I tried to sync it with an iPhone, my laptop, and tablet and was a pain in the ****. I think I am going to wait for any surprise in the horizon from something Blackberry friendly.

Regarding the tablet, I just hold the volumen buttons at the same time and it restarted. I think that fixed the problem because it's working now. However, the upgrade changed the name of the model of my tablet from GT-N8013 to GT-N8000. Don't know why. But it's working now and apparently I have KitKat 4.4.2.
    Penguwin likes this.