Hi

My TrueSmart has a problem: the screen has a constant flicker which is particularly noticeable with white/light backgrounds?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    HRH.

Posted via Connectedly App
    06-13-2014 05:05 PM
  2. Jaguarr40 said: Best Answer

Hi

My TrueSmart has a problem: the screen has a constant flicker which is particularly noticeable with white/light backgrounds?

Thanks,
    HRH.

Last night I wrote an email to support for Omate and first this is what i wrote:

To: service@omate.com
    Subject: Screen Flicker
    Importance: High

Can you please tell me why I have a constant flicker on the screen more so on light colored backgrounds. Could it be from something inside with a bad component or anything I can try myself as a self test to clear it up? It is very annoying as it never stops doing this.

Thank you. The TrueSmart is a great product otherwise.

This is the answer I received and you can act accordingly as you wish. Hope I was able to help you.

It looks like there is a defect on the screen. We can replace your watch if you wish.
    For that, please send us your defective TrueSmart without the box in a bubble envelope with below description and your address and pledge details at the following address, then we will send you a replacement.

Omate After Sales HK - USMART ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS LTD.
    Attention: Cammy Yip +852 3666-9964
    Address: Unit 501,5/F,KAM HAN INDUSTRIAL BUILDING,8 WANG KWUN ROAD,KOWLOON BAY,HONG KONG

Please note that it can take up to two months to get a replacement.

Have a good day.

www.omate.com
    www.facebook.com/omatetruesmart
    Twitter: @omatetruesmart
    Google+: +Omate TrueSmart
    Omate / XDA Developers Forum
    Wearable Design
    I could be any number of internal parts especially a short in the screen itself or something even more serious. If it continues my suggestion would be to contact support at Omate and tell them what is going on and if you have downloaded anything prior to it starting this. Being Android based and not that it has anything to do with it, I could be a program that may not be reacting right with the internal components. Being new i am sure they will do what they have to in order to make it right for you. Please let us know the outcome.
    06-13-2014 05:58 PM
    Hi

Thanks,
    HRH.

Last night I wrote an email to support for Omate and first this is what i wrote:

To: service@omate.com
    Subject: Screen Flicker
    Importance: High

Can you please tell me why I have a constant flicker on the screen more so on light colored backgrounds. Could it be from something inside with a bad component or anything I can try myself as a self test to clear it up? It is very annoying as it never stops doing this.

Thank you. The TrueSmart is a great product otherwise.

This is the answer I received and you can act accordingly as you wish. Hope I was able to help you.

It looks like there is a defect on the screen. We can replace your watch if you wish.
    For that, please send us your defective TrueSmart without the box in a bubble envelope with below description and your address and pledge details at the following address, then we will send you a replacement.

Omate After Sales HK - USMART ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS LTD.
    Attention: Cammy Yip +852 3666-9964
    Address: Unit 501,5/F,KAM HAN INDUSTRIAL BUILDING,8 WANG KWUN ROAD,KOWLOON BAY,HONG KONG

Please note that it can take up to two months to get a replacement.

Have a good day.

www.omate.com
    www.facebook.com/omatetruesmart
    Twitter: @omatetruesmart
    Google+: +Omate TrueSmart
    Omate / XDA Developers Forum
    Wearable Design
    06-14-2014 11:02 AM
    At least they are offering to replace it two months tho... Ouch.
    06-14-2014 12:50 PM
    At least they are offering to replace it two months tho... Ouch.
    I thought the same thing but look where it comes from but you deal with it or get it replaced to the OP anyway that is.
    06-15-2014 09:31 AM