I have a samsung galaxy s 3 and when Im in my files trying to look at them and that's when it says that about unable to find application to perform this action
    11-12-2014 02:41 AM
    Greetings and welcome to Connectedly!

This message shows when your phone does not know which program to use to open that particular type of file. For example, to view a web page you would use a browser program (like Google Chrome or Firefox), to view a picture you would use the "Gallery" app or any number of other image viewing apps available on the play store and the examples go on and on... There are many, many different types of files.

The issue here is not that you have to "remove" or delete the message of "unable to find application to perform this action" , but you simply need to install a program (or "app") to view that particular type of file. Of course, in order to do this you have to know what kind of file it is that you are trying to view. What kind of file are you looking at that is displaying this "unable to find application" message?
    Greetings and welcome to Connectedly!

This message shows when your phone does not know which program to use to open that particular type of file. For example, to view a web page you would use a browser program (like Google Chrome or Firefox), to view a picture you would use the "Gallery" app or any number of other image viewing apps available on the play store and the examples go on and on... There are many, many different types of files.

The issue here is not that you have to "remove" or delete the message of "unable to find application to perform this action" , but you simply need to install a program (or "app") to view that particular type of file. Of course, in order to do this you have to know what kind of file it is that you are trying to view. What kind of file are you looking at that is displaying this "unable to find application" message?
    11-13-2014 12:07 AM
    Hi - I same problem -
    I receive error message - Unable to find application to perform this action -
    when I try to open a file from MY FILES -
    yet I have 2 apps that can open the file. This happens with mobi -
    I have both Moon + Reader Pro and kindle app -
    It is very annoying as I organize my file in folders.

If I try to open another file type I am given a choice of applications to open with.

Thank you for any help.
    02-07-2015 12:13 PM
    Hi - I same problem -
    I receive error message - Unable to find application to perform this action -
    when I try to open a file from MY FILES -
    yet I have 2 apps that can open the file. This happens with mobi -
    I have both Moon + Reader Pro and kindle app -
    It is very annoying as I organize my file in folders.

If I try to open another file type I am given a choice of applications to open with.

Thank you for any help.
    This seems like the issue is that your apps are not associated as registered viewers of that file format. Try a different approach to see if it works. Open the app first (Moon or Kindle) and try to open the desired file from INSIDE that app instead of using the "MyFiles" app.

Hope it works for you!
    DeniseMe likes this.
    02-07-2015 02:21 PM