Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Connectedly Question

how to set alarm on hue lux bulbs

I have 4 philips lux bulbs and I want to know how to set each one to go on and off at specified time each day I am away on vacation.

I'm not familiar with the Hue apps. It does talk on the Hue website about setting an alarm but I think the problem will be turning them off at specified times also. The only thing I can think of is using IFTTT integration. Especially if it works with Google Calendar (I don't even know) so you can set up times/schedules.

For me, I would accomplish this via a home automation system. My Vera3 allows interface to Hue lights. Though the Vera I can set up schedules to turn lights on/off. In fact, there are a couple of applications for the Vera (Eventghost, Deus ex Machina) that turn lights on/off in exactly the method you prescribe for situations like going on vacation and wanting to make it seem like someone is in the house.

Hopefully, someone with first hand knowledge of Hue may be able to help you out further.