- Junior Member
06-20-2014, 01:55 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Is there a SmartBand with a PANIC button for the elderly?
Hi Fellow SmartWatch fans!
I'm desperately looking for a smart looking SmartBand for my 70+yo Mom.
She already has an Android SmartPhone, which has BlueTooth capabilities.
The Mota (link) is PERFECT, IF it has a dedicated PANIC button,
so when she has an accident or something (last week, she bumped her head really badly into a door, bleed quite a lot too ...)
she can just reach over and Press the RED PANIC BUTTON,
and have it:
1) Call Me
2) Option Call 911
3) Send me an SMS, and also state her location
4) Call in sequence a list of close family contacts
Does anyone know of any SmartWatch / SmartBand that can do that?
Already available, on KickStarter, or Indegogo, or others ...
I'm in Toronto, Canada.
I know the Filip might be the perfect thing, but they replied to me already, and said they are AT&T only.
Thank you soooo much for your time!
Last edited by Fairclough; 06-21-2014 at 06:41 PM.
- Best AnswerJun 21 2014 | 3:14 am EDT
http://forums.connectedly.com/off-to...children-1483/ hmm check this out
Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
- Senior Member
06-20-2014, 09:19 AM #2
- 206 Posts
Fist of all Welcome to Connectedly and we are happy to have you. I looked through a few bands and watches myself and could not find anything. Garmin just came out with a new line of fitness bands but I don't think they have what you want.
What you are asking for would be great and I think would best be found in an Android App for the phone. Have you tried Looking for an app for the phone? If I find anything else I will post again to let you know and good luck.
- Senior Member
06-23-2014, 11:17 PM #6
- 1,332 Posts
There are watches (HOT, and others I can't remember right now) that will have an accelerometer that will have the option to automatically dial a designated emergency contact.
Plus with HOT and Kreyos you can press a button or two and simply speak "Call xxx".
- By Laura Knotek in forum TelevisionsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-11-2014, 01:13 AM
- By HASteve in forum Samsung Gear 2 NeoReplies: 3Last Post: 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
- By Connectedly in forum Connectedly.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-11-2014, 08:41 AM
- By zocster in forum The Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
- By Connectedly in forum Connectedly.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM