Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Connectedly Question

What is bootstrap and how did it get On my phone

Recently my phone has seems to have been hijacked takes pictures I didn't take and putting music to the photos and hi data usage. Apps appearing on my phone that never were there and weird color differences I notice almost like I'm getting fake or reproduce images
    Feels like someone else is actually in control of my phone.when I try to force stop its grated out and won't work and disable isn't even there on certain unwanted apps. I can't uninstall unwanted apps or clear caches. Can anyone else relate or please help with advise it's a HTC one M9

Global Posts
    3,997 Global Posts
    Sounds like you downloaded a rouge app. I would uninstall all suspicious apps as one called be redownloading it.

Easiest way is sometimes to wipe the whole phone if you have to your items backed up.

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android

Global Posts
    3,997 Global Posts
    If it's boost+ that's native to htc's

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android

Global Posts
    4,616 Global Posts
    In computer terminology, a "bootstrap" usually refers to a piece of code that allows a program to "self-start" by itself, usually when the device is initially turned on.

Have you recently tried to root or install another ROM on your phone? If not, what apps have you downloaded on your phone recently? Have those apps come from official app markets like the Google Play Store?

I'm guessing you have downloaded or unintentionally installed a malicious app (as mentioned above) that now is causing those unwanted issues.

How to fix it largely depends on how it got there in the first place. Try to uninstall unwanted apps from your phone, if your not sure what an app is on your phone, Google it to try an get an idea if it's necessary or not.

If that doesn't work, a factory reset is probably in order.... However, if you attempted to load another ROM on your phone after rooting it then more drastic measures will be needed to remove this infection.

Best of luck... If you post back up here with more information we can try to help or check out our sister site, Android Central.