Hi all! Anyone using a cool alarm clock? I rely on an old-school, clock-radio style one, AND my phone. With the bedside alarm, it's supposed to wake me up, but I use that one to snooze when necessary. If I hear the phone alarm then I know it's time to get outta bed!

There are some cool smart and connected clocks out there (the Aura comes to mind which uses light AND sound to wake you up), but is anyone else using something great? Maybe one that connects with your phone's alarm, but also can have it's own independent alarm?

Lemme know! Thanks!

Drew
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:42 AM
    I use my Amazon Tap as an alarm clock/beside radio. As soon as I wake up I get Alexa to tell me the weather and give me a news briefing.

For middle of the night time checks my Apple Watch works will in it's Apple Magnetic Charging stand.
    mrfreeze and Drew Kozub like this.
    09-27-2016 02:34 PM
    Sounds like a good product idea. Will check in to see if anyone gives you suggestions.

Have you seen the Glance Clock? Looks kind of interesting, but it's not really a bedside alarm.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...martphone--2#/
    pkcable likes this.
    09-27-2016 02:43 PM
    Sounds like a good product idea. Will check in to see if anyone gives you suggestions.

Have you seen the Glance Clock? Looks kind of interesting, but it's not really a bedside alarm.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...martphone--2#/
    ^^^ I haven't heard of the glance clock but that looks awesome!
    10-02-2016 11:03 AM
    I use my phone at the moment but having had the echo for 1 week I'm seriously considering getting an echo dot for the bedroom. I've got a jbl speaker set that's in my bedroom that never gets used and think the dot might be useful.

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    10-03-2016 07:40 AM
    I use my phone at the moment but having had the echo for 1 week I'm seriously considering getting an echo dot for the bedroom. I've got a jbl speaker set that's in my bedroom that never gets used and think the dot might be useful.

ive been considering the echo dot as my alarm as well...my wrist would like the break from wearing my pebble time every night...im wondering how loud the speaker actually is on it...
    10-04-2016 12:17 PM
    I would have it connected to a dumb speaker set so that doesn't worry me too much. I was looking into ways of getting songs to play as an alarm on it. One suggestion was to record your own voice saying "Alexa play song x by artist x" on your phone, set that as the alarm. When it goes off it triggers the echo to play the song. Seems a bit clunky but at the same time I want to try it out!

mattkerwin24 likes this.
    10-04-2016 06:18 PM
    I would have it connected to a dumb speaker set so that doesn't worry me too much. I was looking into ways of getting songs to play as an alarm on it. One suggestion was to record your own voice saying "Alexa play song x by artist x" on your phone, set that as the alarm. When it goes off it triggers the echo to play the song. Seems a bit clunky but at the same time I want to try it out!

Haha very clunky, let us know how it works though! I'm interested to see if the alarm first goes off as you saying that or straight to the song lol
    10-06-2016 05:57 PM