Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SpookDroid
  • 2 Post By MATTHEW VALERI
  1. Connectedly Question

Why can I get my Touchbook 7.0 3G to work with my POS5802LD thermal printer?

Hi.

I am having difficulties getting my Thermal printer: POS-5802LD to work with my Touchbook 7.0 3G tablet. Can anyone help?

With respect and appreciation,

De

Hi there,

Are you able to pair the printer with your phone? I'm assuming you're trying this via Bluetooth. I haven't used this kind of printer before, but I do know that some printers still need special drivers for them to work, even on Android and even if they're BT-enabled.

If so, you could try a 3rd party option like PrinterShare, that allows you to print to BT Printers by detecting and installing drivers, but also to normal USB printers via USB OTG (if your device supports it).

Also remember that some printers show up only in certain SHARE menus or might show up as a proper printer installed.
    pkcable and Penguwin like this.

Does the printer support Google Cloud Print? Android doesn't use simple wifi printer connections.
    pkcable and Penguwin like this.

Hi! Thanks for the response!

In fact, I've tried the third party option (Print Share) with the same redundant message after searching for the (nearby bluetooth): No Printers found.

I also downloaded Android bluetooth APK 1.0 For Android ... and the redundant beat goes on, and on, and on.

Tell me more about "the printer support Goole Cloud Print." And any link to to learn more about Android wifi printer connection.

In the YouTube video, which I cannot post because I am a new member, the printer appears to work for the camera, so I recorded my attempts. No show!

Thanks for lending the time!

With respect and appreciation,

De