Hi all,

I'm new to this so I'll get straight to the problem... My moto 360 seems to be having good days and bad days in regards to battery life and I have no idea why. Yesterday I got a full 12 hour day with 32% remaining when I charged it at night. Today my phone went from 100% at 10am to dead 0% at 4pm. I've had a little look and followed what's basically gone around the forums before me... forgot connection with moto 360, reset the moto 360, drained battery completely, fully charged, re connected moto 360. This is the third time it's happened, and it's a little frustrating going through this again. I have some 3rd party apps... mainly Wear Mini Launcher, Track ID, and the modern classics watch face... thing is I'm hesitant to get rid of them as like I said it's occasional, having only happened three times in the past month and a bit. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar for anyone else... the watch is running the latest firmware, however my phone is 4.4 due to it being a Sony Compact Z3 and 5 still not available... I should note i did have a nexus 5 when this first occurred however running 5.01...

* Oh also before I go, I should note when this happened the first time I noticed that bluetooth was trying to connect to my phone, it had disconnected, but even after reconnecting the battery continued to drain. The second and third times the phone seemed connected but I only noticed the battery had dropped due to low battery warning and so it could have been trying to connect earlier without me realising!

Thanks in advance,
    Adam
    01-29-2015 04:26 AM
    Welcome to Connectedly!

Create an account and join us!

In my time with a 360 I experienced similar results.

I found that going with stock everything was the best bet...including one of the preloaded watchfaces...using a 3rd party face seemed to be the biggest drain.

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    Penguwin likes this.
    01-29-2015 05:25 AM
    All joined up and thanks for the quick response! mmm it's a little frustrating considering the stock options are so limited at the moment... I mean surely they have something like the mini launcher on the cards. I guess I'll wait and see how this run through goes, i've disabled google fit, TrackID, and a few others. I guess this is the price you pay for version 1.
    01-29-2015 04:06 PM
    have you kept up with the software updates?
    01-30-2015 07:47 AM
    As Matt K mentions above, the software updates have greatly improved the Moto 360.

The current release is version 5.0.1, build LWX48T.

You can check your version by tapping the screen to go to the "speak now" screen, then scrolling all the way down to "Settings", then " About".
    01-30-2015 01:43 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses, yes I have kept up to date, it's running 5.0.1. I think it may be a battery issue but Motorola are not being too helpful on this point. They've simply emailed me the "how to save battery life" standard instructions, which I know... I'm not being stupid here and running a thousand apps or keeping the screen on, when this battery burn happens, ambient mode is off (it's always off with me) and no apps seem to be running. I've taken a screenshot of when it happened last, showing a stready drop over these hours just using android wear battery use option (can post if you like). For what it's worth I haven't had the problem again since wiping the watch... however if it happens for a fourth time I'll be looking to send it back...
    01-31-2015 07:26 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses, yes I have kept up to date, it's running 5.0.1. I think it may be a battery issue but Motorola are not being too helpful on this point. They've simply emailed me the "how to save battery life" standard instructions, which I know... I'm not being stupid here and running a thousand apps or keeping the screen on, when this battery burn happens, ambient mode is off (it's always off with me) and no apps seem to be running. I've taken a screenshot of when it happened last, showing a stready drop over these hours just using android wear battery use option (can post if you like). For what it's worth I haven't had the problem again since wiping the watch... however if it happens for a fourth time I'll be looking to send it back...
    Good to hear that the battery life has returned to normal from the sounds of it. I'll save you reiterating the same battery saving tips, I'm sure Motorola already sent you. However, one thing they may not have listed is turning off the "tilt to wake" feature in the Android Wear app. If you can stand tapping the watch face or pressing the button each time you want to turn the watch on, turning this "tilt" feature off has made a world of difference for me. Perhaps I am just a bit too animated and flail my arms about too much, but once I turned tilt to wake off I usually end my 10-12 hour day with about 40-50% battery left. I could feasibly try to squeeze a second day out of it, but I just charge it every night anyways as I've become used to it.
    02-01-2015 08:06 PM
    Hi all,

Battery life once again seems fine, but since the last factory reset... I'm now not getting text messages appear on my watch! Other settings seem to be fine, facebook notifications come through, weather apps etc. it will even allow me to send them through google now... they just don't show up when I get one on the phone! This watch may be the end of me, I love it, but so frustrating nonetheless! I thought it may have been the normal messages app on the Sony Xperia Z3, so i downloaded and switched to 8sms. Still nothing coming up. Any help would be much appreciated.
    02-03-2015 04:07 AM
    Hi all,

Battery life once again seems fine, but since the last factory reset... I'm now not getting text messages appear on my watch! Other settings seem to be fine, facebook notifications come through, weather apps etc. it will even allow me to send them through google now... they just don't show up when I get one on the phone! This watch may be the end of me, I love it, but so frustrating nonetheless! I thought it may have been the normal messages app on the Sony Xperia Z3, so i downloaded and switched to 8sms. Still nothing coming up. Any help would be much appreciated.
    I have been using Hangouts without any issue, but I haven't tried 8sms. I'll download that one and see what I can find for you .

P.S. The 8sms app I found is this one ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tyeightsms.mms
    Just to make sure we have the right one and I'm on the same page as you .
    02-03-2015 04:17 PM
    Hrmm... I tried the 8sms app listed above in my last post (completely free version... Did NOT make any donations) and set that messaging app as my default SMS app and it worked fine for me. Text messages showed up on the watch and even voice reply worked just fine. I would check to make sure that 8sms is set as your default SMS app. If it is not, when you launch the 8sms app, it should tell you it is not the default at the top (see screenshot below).

If that doesn't work, perhaps trying hangouts, but not sure why SMS is having an issue all of a sudden.
    02-04-2015 01:46 AM
    My battery also drains. It used to happen twice or thrice a month and now it has a 50% chance of it happening every day. I check my battery often during the morning, but after that I don't check the percentage until around 4 pm. The battery doesn't go down very much at all in the morning. But in the afternoon I look down to see what time it is and the battery is at 7%!. I looked at the battery usage and nothing seems like it is using large amounts of battery. The thing that used the most battery was watch idle and I thought that was normal. At around 2 - 4 pm thepercentage falls and goes from around 60% down to 5% in an hour at most. This has been annoying me very much and it didn't used to do this!
    11-04-2015 03:01 PM
    My battery also drains. It used to happen twice or thrice a month and now it has a 50% chance of it happening every day. I check my battery often during the morning, but after that I don't check the percentage until around 4 pm. The battery doesn't go down very much at all in the morning. But in the afternoon I look down to see what time it is and the battery is at 7%!. I looked at the battery usage and nothing seems like it is using large amounts of battery. The thing that used the most battery was watch idle and I thought that was normal. At around 2 - 4 pm thepercentage falls and goes from around 60% down to 5% in an hour at most. This has been annoying me very much and it didn't used to do this!
    If your watch is going from 60% - 5% in the span of an hour, I would also consider contacting Motorola support.
    11-04-2015 06:44 PM