Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Connectedly Question

Gear Fit will not quick reply to messages

I have purchased 2 brand new gear fit watches from best buy in the past month and neither one when synchronized with my Galaxy S5 will give me the option to quick reply to text messages. Mind you this is happening as soon as I take the watch out of the box from receiving it in the mail and pairing it with my phone. I can quick reply to emails and incoming calls but when I go to receives texts on my watch the quick reply option isn't there just the option to delete or show on my device. I have taken them back to the store and had the Samsung people look at my phone and troubleshoot my watch but they can't give me any answers as to what is going on they just say return it and order a new one. The crazy thing is when I synched my phone and the display gear fit in the store together the option to reply to text messages was now there however they would not trade my watch for the display. I have also called 100 samsung about 10 times and they said they don't know anything and to just return it as well for anot her one. I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what to do because I really want this watch. I am a nurse and we are not allowed cell phones on the floor but if I had this watch working properly I could quick reply to texts and still be able to communicate while working. Thank you for your help.

I assume your using the factory "messages" app that came with your phone for SMS. I know most of the Gear's (excluding the Live) have issues replying when you use a different SMS app.

The only other thing I can think of since the store demo model works is to check and see what firmware / software version the store model is. Perhaps the ones you've been receiving have a different version that is causing your headache.

You must use Samsung's messaging app

Hey, there.

The previous poster was absolutely correct. I just got my new Note 5 (previously paired my GearFit with my Galaxy S3) and suddenly the option to reply was gone! I called the guys at SamsungTech support, and they confirmed that the problem was because I'm a Verizon customer, and my phone was set to use Verizon's new Message+ text system instead of Samsung's factory installed messenger.

They helped me to switch my default messenger back to the Samsung version. Granted, you lose out on using the cool features from the Verizon version, but if your goal is to be able to reply to texts via your GearFit, that's what you'll need to do.

I will say that, for me, this was not a big deal to go with the plain Samsung messenger, and I'd much rather be able to utilize all the features of the GearFit.

If you change your mind, you can always select Message+ as your default messenger again, and you'll still see all your incoming texts, you just won't be able to reply from your wrist.

Hope that helps!