Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MattKerwin
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    2,133 Global Posts

Garmin S6 Approach Golf GPS Watch Review

Hello All,

I have been using the Garmin S6 Approach GPS golf watch (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into...rod138810.html) for a few months now.

This watch offers golf GPS, in round scoring and stat keeping, tempo-training and bluetooth to receive notifications and sync with the Garmin Connect app.

Unfortunately, this watch gets in its own way as it bolsters a terrible battery. I was SUPER excited the first time I took it out to the course only to be let down and have the watch die on me after 7 holes.

See, I had the bluetooth connected to receive texts (being a pebble owner, of course i was excited for this feature), but quickly found out that with the bluetooth connected the watch is useless as the battery just zeroes out. I even tested this with GPS off...I wore the watch to work one day with the GPS off but bluetooth connected and the watch lasted roughly 3 hours.

With bluetooth turned off and GPS on while playing a round, 18 holes typically drains 60% of the battery, which is fine but if you were out for a longer outing you'd be in trouble.

The GPS is very accurate, and the in round stat tracking and score keeping works well, but it is a pain to sync with the Garmin Connect app, so frustrates me to the point where I usually give up.

The "tempo-training" is basically just a beeping sound for you to time or get in sync with on your own...it offers no feedback.

This watch boasts a $400 price tag and for a device that can't last a full round with all of its features, falls far short of what it needs to justify that price.

Get something cheaper, as I mentioned the GPS works great, so go with an S2, more bang for your buck!
    Penguwin likes this.
    The Smurf

Global Posts
    15,925 Global Posts
    That is quite pricey! Has firmware been pushed to address this issue?
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    2,133 Global Posts
    not as of yet...

i have mine on craigslist...going to be switching to a hand held unit...