Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree13Likes
  1. chefmorry's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
       #1  

    Better late than never.....

    Figured I'd be better late than never to introduce myself.

    My name is Morry, I'm a chef from the Boston area (big Sox fan..... Sorry New Yorkers).

    I first joined Mobile Nations back in 2009 when I seemed to be on Crackberry on a daily basis. Made the swap to Android, although I still use my Playbook on occasion.

    It was a pure coincidence that Connectedly (then SmartWatch Fans) launched the same week I got myself a Galaxy Gear (1st generation) and I've been hooked since.

    I love that you're expanding into any and all connected devices. It's really makes me want other gadgets my wife feels won't be necessary for the house.

    Anyway... Keep up the good work. It's always a pleasure to stop by the site to learn about new devices and gadgets.

    Posted via Connectedly App
  2. dpham00's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,656 Global Posts
    #2  
    Welcome to Connectedly!

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  3. neonworm's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,232 Global Posts
    #3  
    Welcome to Connectedly!
  4. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    698 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #4  
    Hi and welcome! Nice to see you here. 😊


    I remember you from CrackBerry.


    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  5. chefmorry's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    Hi and welcome! Nice to see you here. 😊


    I remember you from CrackBerry.
    That was a long time ago. It's funny, I went into the Crackberry forums and pulled up some of my old posts.... Good memories. Makes me miss my old 9700

    Posted via Connectedly App
  6. Spencerdl's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    842 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,724 Global Posts
    #6  
    Welcome to Connectedly....ENJOY
  7. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    698 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    That was a long time ago. It's funny, I went into the Crackberry forums and pulled up some of my old posts.... Good memories. Makes me miss my old 9700

    Posted via Connectedly App



    I was lak611 at that time, but I think my old posts now show my real name there too.





    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  8. jsarino's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    977 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm still reeling from your Sox beating my Cardinals in last year's WS, but it's all good. Welcome to Connectedly!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  9. eyecrispy's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    3,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    #9  
    Welcome to Connectedly! Go Cards!
  10. Daytona123's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    1,112 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts
    #10  
    Welcome to Connectedly, officially! Ive been enjoying your input throughout the forums, keep up the good work, see you around!
  11. chefmorry's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
       #11  
    Thanks everyone for the Welcomes!

    Sorry there are so many Cardinals fans out there.... I guess the Cardinals are Red Sox good luck charm based on 2 out of our last world series rings

    This week, though, I'm all Bruins. From what I remember being a crackberry forum follower years ago, wasn't pkcable a Penguins fan? Sorry your team won't be there to play us after we win tonight.

    Posted via Connectedly App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  12. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    #12  
    Welcome to Connectedly!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  13. chefmorry's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Welcome to Connectedly!
    Thanks Kevin.... Please don't be mad I switched from BB to Android

    I still own, and use, my Playbook!

    Posted via Connectedly App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  14. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    698 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    Thanks everyone for the Welcomes!

    Sorry there are so many Cardinals fans out there.... I guess the Cardinals are Red Sox good luck charm based on 2 out of our last world series rings

    This week, though, I'm all Bruins. From what I remember being a crackberry forum follower years ago, wasn't pkcable a Penguins fan? Sorry your team won't be there to play us after we win tonight.

    Posted via Connectedly App
    I'm pretty sure pkcable is a Flyers fan.
  15. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    698 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    Thanks Kevin.... Please don't be mad I switched from BB to Android

    I still own, and use, my Playbook!

    Posted via Connectedly App
    I've never seen a Playbook in the wild, but I know a couple people in my local Linux User Groups who have HP Touchpads. I wish I would've tried webOS.
  16. Fairclough's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    2,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,997 Global Posts
    Location
    From Perth, Western Australia
    #16  
    Belated welcome to the forums from me.

    Posted via Connectedly App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  17. eyecrispy's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    3,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    Thanks everyone for the Welcomes!

    Sorry there are so many Cardinals fans out there.... I guess the Cardinals are Red Sox good luck charm based on 2 out of our last world series rings

    This week, though, I'm all Bruins. From what I remember being a crackberry forum follower years ago, wasn't pkcable a Penguins fan? Sorry your team won't be there to play us after we win tonight.

    Posted via Connectedly App
    I think PK is from Pittsburgh so wouldn't be surprising if he's a penguins fan.
  18. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    698 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I think PK is from Pittsburgh so wouldn't be surprising if he's a penguins fan.
    Philly I believe!
  19. eyecrispy's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    3,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    Philly I believe!
    Oh you're right! My bad!
  20. chefmorry's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
       #20  
    Philly or Pittsburgh, the Bruins are out

    At least now I can finally focus on my #1, the Sox.

    On another note, how do you manage to stay CONNECTEDLY to your team at all times?

    Tonight, I had the Bruins game on TV. It was too intense for me to even swap to the Sox game during commercials. Even too intense for to look at my phone every now and then.

    That's where my SmartWatch comes in handy. Granted it's a first generation Galaxy Gear (that I LOVE).

    I keep ESPN's Sport Center running on phone, and made sure notifications were set for the Sox game. Each and every score change, my watch vibrated, I saw the score of the Sox while having the Bruins on TV.

    How do you keep up with your favorite teams?

    Posted via Connectedly App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  21. eyecrispy's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    3,533 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    Philly or Pittsburgh, the Bruins are out

    At least now I can finally focus on my #1, the Sox.

    On another note, how do you manage to stay CONNECTEDLY to your team at all times?

    Tonight, I had the Bruins game on TV. It was too intense for me to even swap to the Sox game during commercials. Even too intense for to look at my phone every now and then.

    That's where my SmartWatch comes in handy. Granted it's a first generation Galaxy Gear (that I LOVE).

    I keep ESPN's Sport Center running on phone, and made sure notifications were set for the Sox game. Each and every score change, my watch vibrated, I saw the score of the Sox while having the Bruins on TV.

    How do you keep up with your favorite teams?

    Posted via Connectedly App
    I just use my espn app. I don't have it send notifications bc it would drive me nuts.
  22. Lostboy5151's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,388 Global Posts
    Location
    From Santa Cruz, CA
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    That was a long time ago. It's funny, I went into the Crackberry forums and pulled up some of my old posts.... Good memories. Makes me miss my old 9700

    Posted via Connectedly App
    We'll excuse you from being late...... but, Get A ROOM!
  23. Golfdriver97's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,731 Global Posts
    #23  
    A little late, but Welcome to the forums!
  24. pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    39,617 Global Posts
    #24  
    PK is from Philly the P in my name stands for Philly . And yes the Flyers are my team, and the Phillies, but the Phillies are not doing too good right now.

    Anyways glad you finally posted an intro Morry! But I remember you from way back when you first joined CB.
  25. zocster's Avatar
    The Smurf

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,795 Global Posts
    #25  
    Hi Chef! Welcome to Connectedly! What's your specialty?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung poised to release 'Gear Glass' wearable late in 2014
    By Connectedly in forum Connectedly.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 05:40 PM
  2. The Never Ending Story
    By pkcable in forum The Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 06:37 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 07:49 PM
  4. Here's why I think the Gear is better than the Pebble
    By jsntrenkler in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions