Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Simeon Herbert
  • 1 Post By jsntrenkler
  • 1 Post By pkcable
    Connected Rogue

Global Posts
    13,554 Global Posts

Browsing on your smartwatch

Good morning, I haven't purchased a Smart Watch yet. I played with a couple and can't seem to figure out if it's for me or not, and also if the value is there yet or if it's worth the short wait for the next generation, etc.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Firstly welcome to the site!

I have ordered the Pebble steel and I am happy to explain why I bought it.

For me the Pebble Steel does not actually look like a smart watch which means my wife is still happy to be seen with me while I am wearing it, then for me I like the idea of being able to keep my phone in my pocket, see the emails or texts that come in without having to take my phone out, I get very few emails I actually need to deal with promptly but some work emails do need to be answered so the pebble I hope will help me to see what is going on.

Then I look at number of the apps and there are lots I would like to use such as the golf distances or travel information and then finally the idea of having lots of different faces on my watch I am hoping that I'll never get bored which is what happens with my previous watches.

Of course, I have not yet received it, so not sure if it will meet theses or if there are some others I have not thought of.

All the other watches either don't like like a watch or have features I am unlikely to use - the thought of using my watch to make phone calls just seems silly.

Not sure if that helps, but hope it does.

Simeon
    Aquila likes this.

Global Posts
    3,983 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF! ... I currently own a pebble and think it is fantastic, while I am sure the nextgen wearables will add new and compelling features I don't think it's necessary to wait them out. If your looking for a reliable companion to your smartphone the time is now, I don't think that you will be disappointed.
    Aquila likes this.

Global Posts
    3,997 Global Posts
    Morning Matt,
    Good to see another friendly face down this neck of the woods. If its any help at all I am in the same boat and will give my feedback when I eventually start using one. Good to see you around. We have quiet a few of the AC gang lurking here.

Posted via Magical Leprechaun's who power a Nexus 4. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.
    Connected Rogue

Global Posts
    13,554 Global Posts
    I'm leery of the gear because I don't want to have anything dependent on one brand of phone, etc. Also, as I have a moto x, wondering about potential redundancy from active notifications and touch less controls.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Global Posts
    7,295 Global Posts
    Pebble is cross platform so good option for you. There are a few others coming out that are platform agnostic (or more so than the samsung).

Welcome to the forum!

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    NothingIsTrue, welcome to the SWF! I'm awaiting the arrival of my Pebble, and will put it through its paces. This smartwatch appealed to me because it can be used in most platforms, and there's custom firmware that you can choose from.

Global Posts
    1,285 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF!

I've always been a watch wearer and it seemed logical to try out smart watches. I purchased a Pebble and haven't looked back. A lot of people think it's pointless but once you try it you'll realised the convenience of it, just being able to glance at your email and decide whether or not you need to take your phone out.

As mentioned, Pebble is cross platform, you can't go wrong.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Connected Rogue

Global Posts
    13,554 Global Posts
    Thanks for the welcome and recommendation

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,528 Global Posts
    Welcome NIT!
    Aquila likes this.

Global Posts