Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Schmurf

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Hello Everyone!

Hi, this is Schmurf (finally) logging into SmartWatchFans.

I thought I was an oldie having started my mobile devices with the original Palm Pilot Pro back in 1998, then when this site was created, I realized it goes back longer than that. I had a Timex Data Link watch and before that the trusty Casio calculator watch. While I can't find my Timex Data Link (sob) I still have the 3 1/4" "floppy" disks for the software. In honour of the new site, I changed my avatar to a recent pic of that old Casio calculator watch.

Today my mobile device is my sleek Blackberry Z30 which I absolutely love! I'm quite interested in the whole smartwatch revolution and think I will watch for a bit from the sidelines to see what develops before taking the plunge. In my head I can envision how a smartwatch would be a handy accessory to my mobile device and I'm interested to see what the product developers will come up with to challenge and amaze me.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    The Smurf

Global Posts
    15,767 Global Posts
    Hello Schmurf! Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard.

Global Posts
    32,676 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmurf View Post
    Hi, this is Schmurf (finally) logging into SmartWatchFans.

I thought I was an oldie having started my mobile devices with the original Palm Pilot Pro back in 1998, then when this site was created, I realized it goes back longer than that. I had a Timex Data Link watch and before that the trusty Casio calculator watch. While I can't find my Timex Data Link (sob) I still have the 3 1/4" "floppy" disks for the software. In honour of the new site, I changed my avatar to a recent pic of that old Casio calculator watch.

Today my mobile device is my sleek Blackberry Z30 which I absolutely love! I'm quite interested in the whole smartwatch revolution and think I will watch for a bit from the sidelines to see what develops before taking the plunge. In my head I can envision how a smartwatch would be a handy accessory to my mobile device and I'm interested to see what the product developers will come up with to challenge and amaze me.
    Hi!!
    I think I used to have a watch like that when I was in junior high.

Global Posts
    30,588 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF...ENJOY

Global Posts
    5,593 Global Posts
    Welcome to Smartwatch Fans!

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Hello!

I really wish that, back in the day, I'd thought to keep my old casio calculator watches... how cool would I be now?!
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,528 Global Posts
    Welcome Schmurf! I had that same Casio myself!