Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy
  • 4 Post By eyecrispy
  • 2 Post By pkcable
  • 2 Post By AGxM

Question Hi - soon to be a smartwatch owner I hope

Hi

I am starting anew job soon and hopefully will be able to get a smartwatch (my previous company did not allow mobile phones/devices anywhere) - my conundrum is I use a S4 for personal used, but getting an iPhone (spit) for work - is there a watch that will accept notifications etc from both or will I only be able to access one phone at a time?

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts
    Hi, and welcome to SWF! I'm sure you'll find all the answers you're looking for here! Plenty of helpful people. As regards to your question, I have no idea!

Global Posts
    3,997 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, I actually haven't seen this been asked or done yet. So I will be interested in the answer. To be honest I don't see why it wouldn't be able of you can connect hands free kits to two mobiles. Hopefully someone with both an and round phone and iPhone will post up soon.

Posted via Magical Leprechaun's who power a Nexus 4. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

Thank you - I am erring to a Pebble in the first instance anyway, but would hate not to be able to use both phones - I guess I could buy two watches

Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF! Pebble is a great device. I can try to test it for you if I can convince my husband to give me his nexus 5 for a min. I have an iphone. Will report back.
    AGxM likes this.

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF, AGxM! That is a good question...hopefully eyecrispy can test and see if two devices can work on the Pebble.

Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    Ok I just ran some very quick tests (not thorough though). I downloaded the pebble on the N5 and connected my pebble. The Pebble now shows two devices connected (the iphone and the N5). I sent a few notifications back and forth from both devices and got them all on the pebble.

I will say that in the BT settings on the pebble, for the iphone connection, it says "LE only". I tried to manually connect the other BT connection for pebble but it just disconnects. Googled it and got this explanation:
    http://help.getpebble.com/customer/p...roubleshooting

Hope that helps. Need to go to bed. Let me know if you need me to test something else tomorrow.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,617 Global Posts
    Welcome AGxM! I hope you do join the family soon! In theory it could work but practically it is difficult. The watches are really designed for the most part to connect to 1 device or the other. You can also easily switch between devices. I carry a Blackberry Z30 and a Sony Xperia Z Ultra and often switch the watch between them. Both are sorta Android. The BB exploits the Android 4.2.2 runtime within its BB10 software, and I can use that to connect the BB to my Pebble.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    eyecrispy and AGxM like this.

Global Posts
    3,983 Global Posts
    Welcome to Smartwatch Fans AGxM! ... As fairclough pointed out you can use the pebble with both iOS and android however there have been reports of pairing functionality disconnecting when using to devices at the same time. If you pick one up let us know how it goes. It's always possible that pebble has had time to get the bugs worked out.

Global Posts
    1,707 Global Posts
    Welcome!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Thanks all - had my Pebble for a week now and love the functionality....may invest in the steel for work as it looks a little more professional. Thanks for the tests eyecrispy....due to get new work phone Monday, so will see if two can become one
    jsarino and eyecrispy like this.

Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AGxM View Post
    Thanks all - had my Pebble for a week now and love the functionality....may invest in the steel for work as it looks a little more professional. Thanks for the tests eyecrispy....due to get new work phone Monday, so will see if two can become one
    You bet! Happy to help. Report back and let us know how it works out with your new phone. Glad you're enjoying the pebble.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,617 Global Posts
    Another good option is to jazz up your Pebble with a new skin and watch band.

Global Posts
    32,731 Global Posts
    Welcome to SWF!!

Global Posts
    3,232 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forums

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hello everyone, I too am soon to be a Pebble owner. My only concern is that only a few apps are available for my Q10 to get the full functionality. I know there are a few developers who are already working on this from reading some of the CB app reviews. My main question though would be: Is the Pebble the best SmartWatch out there right now. I know it's the most popular, but how does it stack up to the others in terms of functionality, durability, and compatibility? And yes durability is very important to me, just read an article about people in Japan who broke their SmartWatch and the repair costs about 25% less than the device original price!!!

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share

Global Posts
    30,723 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forum, ENJOY

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Hoping to pick up a Pebble in June. Still kinda liked the swf site more. It was more confined to what I was lusting for. But I am sure I will get used to this site.

Posted via Connectedly App

Global Posts
    7,314 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disney4life2005 View Post
    Hoping to pick up a Pebble in June. Still kinda liked the swf site more. It was more confined to what I was lusting for. But I am sure I will get used to this site.

You can now expand your lust to other connected items.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,617 Global Posts

Welcome to Connectedly!

Global Posts
    3,232 Global Posts

Welcome to Connectedly!
    The Smurf

Global Posts
    15,795 Global Posts

Owh I hear ya, but this connectedly is still about smartwatches too! Welcome!

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts
    Welcome to Connectedly our newest forum and i hope you have a lot of fun here.