Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

kreyos: shipping update

Oh no!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ser=1209135229

Posted via the Android Smartwatch Fans App!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    You know what? Screw Kreyos. They stood right there at their CES booth and told every media guy who approached them that they would be shipping in February. There's no way for them not to have known about this problem until just now, because that would mean they had NO working prototypes at CES, which they clearly did. Which also means they knew at least two weeks ago that it would never ship on time, so they essentially lied to every single press person they spoke to. Bad form, Kreyos. I'm requesting my refund before the avalanche of other backers' requests start flooding their inbox.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Given the response on Facebook and twitter I think the avalanche has started.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Notice they didn't make the statement when they found the problem, they made it when they "found a fix". Of course they knew about this for awhile.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    To be fair they couldn't win with this. If they announced there was a problem with no solution yet and a potential delay, people would be outraged. Instead they announced a problem they had a fix for with a new delivery date. People are outraged (I'm pretty disappointed myself) at the delay. I agree they must have known about this a while back (probably well before I preordered).

Would it have been better to tell people at ces "yes it's coming but we've found a fault with it and it's delayed by weeks"? I don't know.

Of course they are doing the right thing (ensuring the product functions correctly at release) but for impatient gadget fans like me it's a bitter pill.

On the plus side it gives us a few weeks to see if something better is announced before we take delivery (or cancel)

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    You told me earlier that you were going to do that and I thought about doing it, but I still feel like the wait will be worth it; so long as no one comes out with a new and better hotness. And that's going to happen for sure. Mainly, I'm just waiting for it because I think it'll be cool. Sadly, this is like the Blackberry of smartwatches. They want a good product to be released, but if they wait too long, it'll be old tech and of no use.

Global Posts
    1,819 Global Posts
    They sent an email the other day saying April. At this point I am completely done! Wish I could get my money back. Looks like we won't be getting anything from them. What was suppose to be a christmas gift to myself has turned into (what it seems to be) a birthday gift now! The watch we're going to end up getting will probably be old news by the time we receive it.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Another update on their blog
    http://blog.kreyos.com/?p=42

Interesting to see what the compensation package is. That said I just want my watch!!!

There are delays in almost all crowd funding projects. The earliest I've received anything was six months late. There's always the chance there could be more delays in April. But if u really want the device,you will wait for it

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Based on comments on their Facebook page kreyos seem to be offering a free belt clip in a limited edition colour. Not sure if everyone is getting the same offer but its been mentioned a couple of times on FB.

Yes there offering a free belt clip to all that don't jump ship. And there big surprise for backers is 40% off the kreyos 2 again if u don't leave. The funny thing is for the backers sitting on the edge of leaving or staying. Offering money off kreyos 2 isn't going to help. They haven't got kreyos 1 delivered let alone 2

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I'm not sure about the 40% offer. At first I thought it made sense but I can see your point. I guess it will depend on how quickly the 2 is released and how different it is

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    Wow. How delayed are they? Sounds desperate.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Gone quiet again from kreyos. They were updating fortnightly so should have seen something today. Not sure if no news is good news or not

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    Boo. Is April still the current target?

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I believe so. They keep stating "by April" which to me means deliveries will be before (ie they will have happened by April) but I strongly suspect they mean in April

Also they haven't made clear whether this is just backers or preorders too. I think if preorders are after that I might just hold off to see what google may announce in june

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Another announcement due this week. Based on their Facebook comments they MAY announce the shipping dates.

Seems they think preorders will go pretty soon after the backers watches ship.

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpboy74 View Post
    Another announcement due this week. Based on their Facebook comments they MAY announce the shipping dates.

Seems they think preorders will go pretty soon after the backers watches ship.

Exciting! This is the watch I'm most excited about.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Oddly, this update doesn't give a shipping date but seems to consist of a message asking people to inform Kreyos if they have changed address since placing the order.

Oh well its a sign we are getting closer. Tiny baby steps!

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Reading the comments being posted in their Facebook status update kreyos state that shipping will start in a couple of weeks.
    The confirmed for me that backers are going out first but then pre orders straight after (no delay) whilst they haven't given concrete dates the "couple of weeks" statements suggests they must be in final mass production stages????

Last edited by chimpboy74; 03-13-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpboy74 View Post
    Reading the comments being posted in their Facebook status update kreyos state that shipping will start in a couple of weeks.
    The confirmed for me that backers are going out first but then pre orders straight after (no delay) whilst they haven't given concrete dates the "couple of weeks" statements suggests they must be in final mass production stages????

I hope so!

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Me too. HOT is looking to be right in the time frame also. It's final test run is done and is off to certification.

I can't wait to see a head to head challenge of these two watches. I think they will both be great watches with their own special flavour.

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MATTHEW VALERI View Post
    Me too. HOT is looking to be right in the time frame also. It's final test run is done and is off to certification.

I can't wait to see a head to head challenge of these two watches. I think they will both be great watches with their own special flavour.
    Totally agree. I like the Kreyos for the fitness features but like the HOT for the call features. Can't wait!
    chimpboy74 likes this.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Totally agree. I like the Kreyos for the fitness features but like the HOT for the call features. Can't wait!
    I'm exactly the same. My final two were the kreyos and the HOT. After I preordered kreyos I came very close to getting a hot too (nearly cancelled my kreyos at one point too). I'm still not 100%I've made the right choice.