Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    The Connected One

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

Are you afraid to get your Pebble wet?

I know it sounds nuts, but even months into having my Pebble I still fear getting it wet. I think something in my head clicks on and says "it's an electronic - don't get it wet" even though I know damn well it's waterproof. I leave it on when washing my hands or dishes etc. but I never wear it in the shower or anytime I know it will be submerged in water. Is that weird?

Global Posts
    33,334 Global Posts
    I was until I accidentally took a shower with it the other day and it was no worse for the wear!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I also worry about damaging the waterproofing when I lie down with my arm in such an angle that I feel like I'm crushing my Pebble.

Global Posts
    3,663 Global Posts
    i definitely am very aware of my electronics around water. i never shower with my pebble or jawbone up24, which i know are both advertised as "shower-proof". i will say that i'm looking forward to having my pebble at the pool this summer and not have to worry about checking my phone for notifications. whether or not i'll fully submerge it still remains to be seen.

Global Posts
    33,334 Global Posts
    I love washing my Sony Ultra just to shock people.
    Euan Tan likes this.

Global Posts
    11,188 Global Posts
    Lol, I did that just to prove its claim, it still works. I guess they are truly water resistant

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    Passport PIN: 2BDD6F5F | Note 3 PIN: 7F4337AD

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    Not only do I get mine wet on a regular basis I find myself running it under water to clean the screen off. One of the crazy parts about working in the restaurant business.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zeis View Post
    I know it sounds nuts, but even months into having my Pebble I still fear getting it wet. I think something in my head clicks on and says "it's an electronic - don't get it wet" even though I know damn well it's waterproof. I leave it on when washing my hands or dishes etc. but I never wear it in the shower or anytime I know it will be submerged in water. Is that weird?
    I have been wearing mine in the shower since day one and it is perfect fine. My pebble is a huge part of my morning workout and also a morning alarm system so I am not late for work. I just wear it in the shower so I can skip tracks on my music app in the shower. Love it!

Now charging it near water, I wouldn't recommend that :P

Global Posts
    3,663 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    I have been wearing mine in the shower since day one and it is perfect fine. My pebble is a huge part of my morning workout and also a morning alarm system so I am not late for work. I just wear it in the shower so I can skip tracks on my music app in the shower. Love it!

Now charging it near water, I wouldn't recommend that :P
    Having a wet strap on my wrist would drive me batty!

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I love washing my Sony Ultra just to shock people.
    You're evil lol

Posted via the Android Smartwatch Fans App!

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Having a wet strap on my wrist would drive me batty!
    I completely agree. But I am using the stock band and by the time I get dressed it is completely dry.

ಠ益ಠ
    The Following User Says Thank You to Illustrator Joe For This Useful Post::
    jakie55 (01-30-2014) 

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    I always wore my Pebble showering and washing my hands. No problem.

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts
    Really I never even hesitated. I pretty much only take mine off at charge time. Shower, swimming, dishes you name it. Heck I even give it a scrub in the shower to clean it.

eyecrispy likes this.

Global Posts
    3,663 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    I completely agree. But I am using the stock band and by the time I get dressed it is completely dry.

ಠ益ಠ
    I am using bands from clockwork synergy and they're nylon and I think they'd be terribly uncomfortable if they're wet. I am used to taking off everything on my wrist to shower so this is no different.

Global Posts
    1,070 Global Posts
    I am the same Adam. I know it's waterproof but don't like to even try to get it wet. I keep it on when I do the dishes too. I don't wear watches in the shower, even if they are waterproof. I only ever did that once with my Baby-G watch.
    Twitter: @djr3yes
    BBM Channel: C00024E24
    Community Rules & Guidelines
    jakie55 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    I only kept it on in the shower because I was too lazy in the morning to take it off and put it back on. I wore it while I slept because it was easier to glance at the watch instead of squinting to see my phone (nightstand clock app) during the night.

Even if you don't wear it actively in the shower it's nice to know it can take it in case you ever forget. Often my wife has wore her non waterproof watch in the shower by mistake.

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the Pebble doesn't float ;-)

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts
    I think maybe the first few times I would be a little worried, however after that i'd probably jump in the pool or hottub with it on!

Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatophilia View Post
    I think maybe the first few times I would be a little worried, however after that i'd probably jump in the pool or hottub with it on!
    Pretty much the same for me

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    With both my pebble and Sony Z1, even tho I know they are water resistant, there's always that thought in the back of your head saying what if something happens...

And to challenge the fear this afternoon I had a shower with my pebble :-)

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Same boat as Adam, just afraid to ruin this amazing piece of technology. In the 2 short weeks I've had it I have grown very dependent on it and don't want to shell out another 150 should something happen. But it is nice knowing if I get it wet it "should" be OK.

I read an interesting article about the 5ATM rating how anything below it can't take the water pressure from a standard shower. Instantly people see a rating of say 3ATM and think it's good down to 30 meters. But what they don't know is the pressures in the shower exceed the pressure at 30 meters. I tried to find the article again but had no luck.

Either way I'm glad this watch is 5ATM and hopefully I'll never have an issue.

Sent from my Verizon GPE HTC One via Tapatalk
    [CENTER]| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
    | 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
    | Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.13 |
    [/CENTER]

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Wear my fuelband in the shower daily and have worn my pebble like others a few times in the shower by accident. No worse but the wet band is annoying so I end up taking it off to dry while getting dressed. Since I'm taking it off either way I try to take it off before getting in. For anyone wondering slickwraps claim of being water proof is also true. No problems with the slickwrap in the shower.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kjparfekt For This Useful Post::
    Ahowe125 (01-26-2014),  eyecrispy (01-24-2014),  Teejai80 (01-25-2014) 

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I dont worry about mine!

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    I've put it under running water but don't wear it in the shower. I've never worn any watch in the shower as it doesn't make sense to me.

Sent using radio waves of some sort
    eyecrispy and jakie55 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast