Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts

Recommendations on smartpen?

Anyone have any experience of these?
    My work have just provided me with an ipad and I'm hoping to be able to take notes in meetings and save in digital format. I've tried stylus on the screen but it doesn't work too well for me.

I have checked out livescribe 3 online and seems good especially if handwriting to text conversion works well so that I can convert my notes and save them to our company database.

I like the idea of all my meeting notes being searchable as I currently use a pen and paper and often have to hunt out old notebooks when trying to recall past meetings!

I have no need for audio or photo saving just purely notes.

Also my handwriting isn't the neatest so just how good are these at deciphering bad writing?

Anyone got any experience of this pen or a better alternative? It seems to get mixed reviews on amazon.....

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    The Smurf

Global Posts
    15,916 Global Posts
    My kids iPad hasn't had the need for one yet, I will be in the hunt also to be honest lol.

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Well I just ordered the livescribe 3 black edition. I have a notebook that I refer back to and I misplaced it recently. I finally had it returned but I was sure I needed something a little more secure.

The integration with Evernote (mainly for cloud storage) and handwriting to text swung it for me. I'm a bit concerned over that function as my handwriting is really bad. So bad I can't sometimes read it Myself so software is going to struggle but I guessed that as long as I have a backup copy in the cloud at least it's something more than I have now. I've taken to writing in capitals to make it more readable but not sure I'll want my notes all converted to block capitals.

Anyway I'll see how it goes.

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android