Welcome to the Connectedly Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,951 Global Posts

What are your favorite smartphone apps when you are driving?

As the title states, what are your favorite smartphone apps when you are driving? GPS and map apps like Google Maps, Apple Maps, and so on are fairly expected, but what others do you use?

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    Google Maps hands down. Sadly sideloaded onto my Z30, as there is no native version yet.

Global Posts
    4,616 Global Posts
    Google maps... No contest.

I've also taken to listening to podcasts or audio books thru Doggcatcher or audible while driving. Helps pass the commute time .

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I use Torque when I am diagnosing issues with my cars otherwise I just use Google Maps or nothing... and it's usually the latter.

I like "play music" through my sync with Bluetooth. I'm able to listen to what I like during long drives other than listening to XM.

Posted via Connectedly App

Global Posts
    1,951 Global Posts
    I probably should've mentioned this in my initial thread, but the apps I use while driving include Google Maps, Waze (sometimes), Ulysse Speedometer, Shazam, DI Radio (Digitally Imported)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I mainly use Apple Maps for GPS directions, Apple Podcasts and Music. I wish I could use streaming music services, but cellular data is unfortunately not as cheap as I wished

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I use spotify for music (set this up before i go obviously) and i use Here Maps for GPS...

Global Posts
    7,475 Global Posts
    Google Maps and Waze

Global Posts
    5,306 Global Posts
    Not maps or even an app really, but I find Siri extremely helpful while driving. Especially the new hey Siri feature in iOS 8. Allows me to be hands-free but still connected.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I love using Spyglass nav app, it supports different maps, depending on my current needs: google maps, apple maps, open street map and open cycle map. It's also very important that the app can read pre-downloaded maps when offline. It shows your bearing, speed, distance to the target and estimated time of arrival. pretty cool