Hi. I am a graduate student studying Management Information System(MIS) in Seoul. I am very interested in a smartwatch and a smartwatch is also my important research area. Of course, I have Apple Watch : )
    But, I am a little bit worry about how long my apple watch could be attractive to me. Generally, I know that the replacement period of a smartphone is about 1.5 years. However, it is too expensive to replace every 1.5 years !!! Therefore, I want to know your plan for changing your smartwatch as new smartwatch.
    Thanks for your good answers previously : )
    10-04-2015 09:48 PM
    First off, welcome to Connectedly! We LOVE smartwatches here too!

With watches such as the Pebble and Android Wear that continually get better over time through software updates, I can't really see a reason why you couldn't keep the same watch for many years. Many of the current smartwatches (like the Apple watch) haven't been on the market long enough to really provide an answer to your question though.

I think it really comes down to the person and if they get "bored" with the watch easily and the durability / quality of the watch itself. Personally, I still wear my original Pebble from time to time that I have now had for over 2 years, but will usually wear a newer Android Wear smartwatch as my "normal" watch everyday.
    10-04-2015 11:53 PM
    Welcome to Connectedly!

there is always going to be that "bleeding edge" effect every time a new device is announced and then eventually released.

I think when choosing a smart watch, it is important to choose the watch that offers the most functionality and assistance to you and your everyday routine.

I have had and used quite a few new and am always looking for that one that works best for my needs!
    10-05-2015 08:25 AM
    Just like smartphones, you will have people who keep upgrading their smartwatches when new models comes out (*Penguwin*). I upgrade my phones like they're going out of style, but am more willing to keep my watches a little longer (but not too much longer). I think it'll depend on the person.

Welcome to Connectedly!
    10-05-2015 01:36 PM
    Thanks for good opinion !
    I agree with you . When Apple Watch 2 is released, I will surely buy it.
    But I expect that I also wear my Apple Watch 1 from time to time. : )
    10-08-2015 03:05 AM
    you could also potentially sell off your original one when you decide to "upgrade" -- it will help recoup some of the cost!
    10-08-2015 08:32 AM