I am trying to get a Fitness Tracker for a friend as a birthday present. In terms of features, Fitbit's Surge seems to contain everything I would expect he would want. However, it looks too big and is not convenient to wear with a 'normal' watch - which is his habit.

Is there any top end fitness tracker on the market that offers GPS tracking, good heart rate monitor, sleep tracker, and is compatible with a watch?

Alternatively, do people actually wear their fitness tracker on the other hand as a matter of social convention?

Thanks in advance!
    05-16-2016 12:56 AM
    As what you have described, Fitbit Surge seems to be a good fit in this case.
    As you said you want the tracker to have GPS and the thing with GPS trackers is that then NEED to have a big screen so you can actually look on the tracked data, so as a result they almost always look like a watch and never like a simple fitness tracker.

Regarding your second question about two watches I would say it depends on the person. If the person sticks to the strict style, than the second watch may not fit well. But at most times it's not the case and I would say that it's more than fine to have two watches on two hands. For me personally I just wear only my fitness watch and use it as a regular watch also.

I hope it helps. Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions or drop me a tweet @AlexBezhan
    06-27-2016 08:04 PM
    We recently published an article that may help you with your decision! The article covers a multitude of the best fitness trackers available today, considering the pros and cons of each. Feel free to check it out and let us know what you think: Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers (April 2017) - Review & Buyers Guide
    Last edited by ReviewBoard; 04-18-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    04-16-2017 03:53 AM