I have been facing an issue that has not gone away since the latest update. My watch face will randomly turn on without any new notification or movement on my part. I did a reset and uninstalled all 3rd party apps on it. I was wondering if anyone else facing this issue or if im alone here and should contact motorola for a replacement. My battery has gone down 20% in 3 hours... i dont think thats too good...
    09-30-2014 06:27 PM
  2. MattKerwin said: Best Answer

Welcome to Connectedly!

20 hour life seems about right...been about my average with ambient off, and using stock faces with right around the same amount of messages / notifications as you...not sure if you mentioned it, but unlink your email...it definitely helps on the battery save!

cheers!
    mk
    First off, welcome to Connectedly!

Now, about the schizophrenic Moto 360 screen you got... I have had mine come on when I am driving because my hands / motion just happen to trigger the watch face. However, nothing like what you are describing and especially haven't experienced the incredible battery drain your witnessing either. Just to be sure, check your Moto 360's software build number on the watch and make sure it ends with "42R"... that is the latest update so far. If you already have this update and are still experiencing these issues with NO third-party apps OR watch faces installed, then I would contact Motorola support as to what is truly going on there.

Let us know what the outcome is... Would love to hear what you discover on this one!
    10-01-2014 05:04 AM
    I am on the latest build. And i just realized Facer is still installed. Im going to uninstall facer and then test.
    10-01-2014 12:04 PM
    so ive only had the watch on for about 4.5 hours with my usual notifications, about 5-10 an hour or so and a few responses to hangout messages. i have not seen as many random screen turn on's but its there. Ive noticed an average drop of about 5% per hour. Is that what everyone else seems to be getting? if so that'll be about a 20 hour day for me.
    10-01-2014 06:45 PM
    Yeah I have found battery life is heaps better on a stock face. My watch gets hammered with emails and messages and drains fast. Once it's quite though I am seeing around 10% an hour.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    10-01-2014 07:56 PM
    Welcome to Connectedly!

20 hour life seems about right...been about my average with ambient off, and using stock faces with right around the same amount of messages / notifications as you...not sure if you mentioned it, but unlink your email...it definitely helps on the battery save!

cheers!
    mk
    10-01-2014 09:43 PM
    Yea... Usage obviously plays a big part, but the 5% / hour thing seems good to me. I know it sucks, but I would try to stick to stock watch faces until Google releases the proper APIs for Android Wear watch faces.
    Ryan Loeffler likes this.
    10-02-2014 03:53 AM