hi all

been looking into smart watches (wanting to get one) and the two that are within the price-range are the original pebble and the sony smartwatch 2

between these two .. wich one would you chose and why

i have a nexus5 cellphone and a nexus 7 tablet

regards

w
    10-28-2014 10:38 AM
  2. Teejai80 said: Best Answer

Mmmm that is a very hard question that only you can answer. I have both devices and they do slightly different jobs.

The pebble is waterproof, enough to go swimming and it can take a bashing.

The sony is a little bit more dressed up, colour screen and also readable in sunlight. It's vibration isn't the strongest, however, it's not terrible. Bluetooth on the sony is also slightly less than the pebble.

App wise there are heaps for both and both can achieve pretty much whatever you like.

Battery life goes to the pebble, however, the sony is no slouch though and can last a few days.

End of the day it's best to think where you will be wearing it and what you are really after in a watch. Either way though I think you will be happy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Mmmm that is a very hard question that only you can answer. I have both devices and they do slightly different jobs.

The sony is a little bit more dressed up, colour screen and also readable in sunlight. It's vibration isn't the strongest, however, it's not terrible. Bluetooth on the sony is also slightly less than the pebble.

App wise there are heaps for both and both can achieve pretty much whatever you like.

Battery life goes to the pebble, however, the sony is no slouch though and can last a few days.

End of the day it's best to think where you will be wearing it and what you are really after in a watch. Either way though I think you will be happy.

Penguwin likes this.
    10-28-2014 02:03 PM
    pebble!
    10-28-2014 05:02 PM

Agreed with all the above here. I also own both devices and couldn't have said it better than teejai80 above.

I think it really comes down to you and what your daily usage is going to be.
    10-28-2014 06:39 PM
    Don't forget Sone Smartwatch 3 has just debut so I'm afraid you can forget further official Sony updates on the 2
    10-29-2014 09:11 AM
    Pebble. It's cross-platform and I like that. It's simple and has great battery life and they're constantly updating it so it's well supported. AND the price was recently cut.
    Giampi2602 and Penguwin like this.
    10-29-2014 09:40 AM
    You can take between 2 ... what you need actually from it .
    05-25-2015 10:36 AM
    Get both.
    05-26-2015 09:32 AM