Gang,
    I have an opportunity to get a Martian or PT for a really really good price and trying to decide between the two.
    I had a pebble steel, which is somewhere in Easton, PA, or was in the area and could be in Philly by now .

I need notifications of sms, calls and emails. Canned messages to respond to are used rarely.

I need the watch to be a second alarm clock for me. I also would like a countdown timer that I can pause, etc. as it will also be a backup as I am getting my soccer referee license.

The martian is old, but looks great and my son has a PT and it seems a bit toyish in its build compared to my old Steel, but it would have an app or two that would help with coaching and ref'ing.

Thoughts?
    08-03-2016 07:19 AM
    The Martian Notifier is a good smartwatch, no doubt. However, for what you describe as your "wants", I would suggest the Pebble. I agree that the Pebble could use some help in the looks department... However, the Pebble Time Steel isn't too bad and doesn't get the "toy" or "plastic" comments my original Pebble does.

Back to your want list tho... Pebble has a large, active community with lots of apps, watch faces and use cases. I'm sure you can find many, many apps you'll enjoy for your Pebble Time series watch. The Martian on the other hand... Well, it does notifications pretty well and there are a few firmware updates, but little to no developers or third party apps out there. So, your not left with much expandability there.

Just my .02... I've owned many Pebbles and Martians if you need any more help / advice there. Best of luck!
    08-05-2016 02:46 AM