I'm thinking about getting a new smart watch for my galaxy s5. Its a good phone (battery life sucks) and I wanted to get a samsung smart watch for it. Money is it not a problem (I could spend $300 for the gear 2) but it's really come down to android wear and tizen. Can someone give me a good reason to get one or the other? I know android wear is like google now but I'm not really a great fan of it. Also it has shorter battery life. There are also bad reviews on the gear 2. Thanks for the help!
    09-03-2014 02:29 PM
    I'd go with Android Wear, it's way to the future!
    09-03-2014 02:38 PM
    I havent experienced tizen but have the gear live with android wear.

I'm finding it simple and straightforward to use and voice recognition is remarkably good (only errors when I tried to use it in a noisy place with a TV and yelling kids!)

What excites me is the prospect of what google and developers will bring to the platform. Much like the iPhone. It was good when it came out but it was the developers and the apps that really made it for me.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    09-03-2014 04:10 PM
    Maybe functionality is something you should take into consideration... Do you absolutely need a camera on your watch? Do you need a IR blaster to control your TV from your watch? These two features at least are missing from the Android Wear offerings currently available.

None the less, I would still go with Android Wear as I have loved my LG G Watch ever since I first received it. Which Android Wear is up to... The Samsung is good and there are new watches being announced or released all the time for Android Wear (i.e. Moto 360, LG R, etc.).
    09-06-2014 03:45 AM