Hello there,
    I am a new in the world of smart watches and planning to buy Samsung Gear 2 from Telus (Canada). Then i found that Rogers sell Samsung Gear 2 Neo, so i am interested in your opinions on both if there are any differences

Thanks a lot in advance
    10-14-2014 07:15 PM
  2. MattKerwin said: Best Answer

Welcome to Connectedly!

The main differences include the materials used...the neo is plastic while the 2 has that metal front casing...the 2 has a camera while the neo does not, and the neo is a bit cheaper than the 2.

I used to have a 2 and had a friend who had the neo...said he wished hed put forward the extra money for the full featured 2.

Here are a few comparison articles for further research:

Samsung Gear 2 vs Gear 2 Neo vs Galaxy Gear: Fitness, battery and verdict | News | TechRadar

Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit review | Android Central

Hope this helped! Good luck, and report back as to which one you get and how you like it!

Cheers!
    MK
    Welcome to Connectedly!

The main differences include the materials used...the neo is plastic while the 2 has that metal front casing...the 2 has a camera while the neo does not, and the neo is a bit cheaper than the 2.

I used to have a 2 and had a friend who had the neo...said he wished hed put forward the extra money for the full featured 2.

Here are a few comparison articles for further research:

Samsung Gear 2 vs Gear 2 Neo vs Galaxy Gear: Fitness, battery and verdict | News | TechRadar

Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit review | Android Central

Hope this helped! Good luck, and report back as to which one you get and how you like it!

Cheers!
    MK
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-14-2014 07:34 PM
    Thanks for your reply. It helped me. I was planning to buy just a fitness tracking device, but then I thought why not to try something better and since I am using GS5, Samsung Gear was quite natural choice. I decided not to wait for Gear S because of its shape and size. Do you think it's good decision?

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    10-14-2014 09:15 PM
    Thanks for your reply. It helped me. I was planning to buy just a fitness tracking device, but then I thought why not to try something better and since I am using GS5, Samsung Gear was quite natural choice. I decided not to wait for Gear S because of its shape and size. Do you think it's good decision?

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    That sounds like a reasonable decision given that a 2-inch screen strapped to your wrist is a bit too large / awkward for some.

Also, agree entirely with Matt Kerwin above and welcome, again, to Connectedly!
    10-15-2014 02:29 AM