OK gang here goes a good one. Through these magnificent forums I researched which smart watch I should buy for myself this Christmas season. I read the forums, went to stores, played with the Moto, the Pebble, and various Gear watches. I finally chose the Gear S, no its not too big, and I'm really enjoying it. It's attached to my Note 4. Does everything I want it to do, **** Tracy thing and everything. It is not active through Sprint. So I'm home, it disconnects from the Bluetooth, I go to sign in on my home network and then it happened! Of all the wonderful things this beast does, it DOES NOT have the $ symbol to input it anywhere! ANYWHERE! I called SAMSUNG, did the chat thing, the email thing, and each time was told that SAMSUNG didn't put the $ symbol in, and that I should change my passwords to everything to compensate for it? WHAT? REALLY? Any ideas anyone? I'd hate to return it if the only reason to do so is that I can't use the $ symbol! HELP!
    12-26-2014 01:55 PM
  2. Penguwin said: Best Answer

This seems to be a known issue with the Gear S with very little solution at the moment. Best the I could tell you for now is to try a different keyboard... Flesky is working on a Tizen keyboard that works on the Gear S as seen HERE . Sadly, it is not available yet.

The only sure fire way I have found of entering symbols of thru the voice dictation. On the keyboard, hooks down the "123" until the microphone icon pops up and then select it. Then speak the symbol you want, "dollar sign" or "plus sign" and the symbol will be entered for you.

Not perfect, but I hope it helps!
    This seems to be a known issue with the Gear S with very little solution at the moment. Best the I could tell you for now is to try a different keyboard... Flesky is working on a Tizen keyboard that works on the Gear S as seen HERE . Sadly, it is not available yet.

The only sure fire way I have found of entering symbols of thru the voice dictation. On the keyboard, hooks down the "123" until the microphone icon pops up and then select it. Then speak the symbol you want, "dollar sign" or "plus sign" and the symbol will be entered for you.

Not perfect, but I hope it helps!
    Last edited by Penguwin; 01-21-2015 at 01:50 AM.
    12-26-2014 09:28 PM
    This link doesn't give a way to get the keyboard, it only talks about it?

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    01-20-2015 08:53 PM
    This link doesn't give a way to get the keyboard, it only talks about it?

As far as I know, it is not currently available.

I have emailed Fleksy about when their Gear S keyboard will be available and the response I received was "soon". Sorry, no official release date has been given.
    teejay69 likes this.
    01-21-2015 01:45 AM
    Samsung updated the Gear S today, and lo and behold the $ symbol is there! I'm not sure what else is updated but I'm thrilled. Yippie! If anyone sees any other updates let me know.

Penguwin likes this.
    02-06-2015 02:35 PM