Hi.

I am having difficulties getting my Thermal printer: POS-5802LD to work with my Touchbook 7.0 3G tablet. Can anyone help?

With respect and appreciation,

De
    04-26-2015 09:55 AM
    Hi there,

Are you able to pair the printer with your phone? I'm assuming you're trying this via Bluetooth. I haven't used this kind of printer before, but I do know that some printers still need special drivers for them to work, even on Android and even if they're BT-enabled.

If so, you could try a 3rd party option like PrinterShare, that allows you to print to BT Printers by detecting and installing drivers, but also to normal USB printers via USB OTG (if your device supports it).

Also remember that some printers show up only in certain SHARE menus or might show up as a proper printer installed.
    pkcable and Penguwin like this.
    04-27-2015 12:08 AM
    Does the printer support Google Cloud Print? Android doesn't use simple wifi printer connections.
    pkcable and Penguwin like this.
    04-27-2015 12:10 AM
    Hi! Thanks for the response!

In fact, I've tried the third party option (Print Share) with the same redundant message after searching for the (nearby bluetooth): No Printers found.

I also downloaded Android bluetooth APK 1.0 For Android ... and the redundant beat goes on, and on, and on.

Tell me more about "the printer support Goole Cloud Print." And any link to to learn more about Android wifi printer connection.

In the YouTube video, which I cannot post because I am a new member, the printer appears to work for the camera, so I recorded my attempts. No show!

Thanks for lending the time!

With respect and appreciation,

De
    04-27-2015 07:05 AM
    So I have the same printer. It is a cheapo deluxe Chinese brand that you can find on ebay for around $40 and comes with an Engrish-tastic instruction manual that once deciphered explains that you must create a driver (as I understand) that will allow you to use the printer with apps. The mini CD comes with the instruction booklet and a tester app that literally prints "test" or allows you to type text that it will then print. Some how I'm assuming we must use the provided .jar file (the PrintTest.apk in .jar format) and alter the code.

I have no clue how to do this as I'm not a coder and would have no idea where to start. But the OP is right in that no app on the Play Store will recognize the BT printer and allow printing.
    01-30-2017 11:02 PM