My kids are school aged so I no longer need to worry, but the monitors we used when they were young were audio only and it was fine bc that's what monitors were for ... so we're aware when they were upset about something. I never invested in a video monitor because their screaming was beyond enough to wake me. We have friends with a special needs child who do use video monitors.

Curious what type of baby monitor you with youngins use/prefer. I personally feel that an audio only one is more than enough to alert me.
    07-26-2014 06:58 AM
  2. chimpboy74 said: Best Answer

We had monitors with motion sensor pads that went under mattresses. The only time they alarmed the little monkeys had just curled up at side of bed (I have twins). There wasn't a reason for getting those. They were a present from my sister in law and she bought them cos they were on sale at same price as the normal ones.

We did use a webcam type app on our iPhones when they were having a nap in their buggy. If you went to check on them and they weren't quite asleep they would jump up and not go to sleep so we set up one iPhone as the camera and the other to check.

Finally we had an app that you started the app on the iPhone and left in the room with the kids and if the made noise it would phone a number of your choosing. That was good as you could hear the noises through the phone. The problem was if they were just making noises in their sleep you had to go back to the phone and reset it. Risking waking them up. We only ever used that if they fell asleep in the car and we came inside leaving them to nap.
    We had monitors with motion sensor pads that went under mattresses. The only time they alarmed the little monkeys had just curled up at side of bed (I have twins). There wasn't a reason for getting those. They were a present from my sister in law and she bought them cos they were on sale at same price as the normal ones.

We did use a webcam type app on our iPhones when they were having a nap in their buggy. If you went to check on them and they weren't quite asleep they would jump up and not go to sleep so we set up one iPhone as the camera and the other to check.

Finally we had an app that you started the app on the iPhone and left in the room with the kids and if the made noise it would phone a number of your choosing. That was good as you could hear the noises through the phone. The problem was if they were just making noises in their sleep you had to go back to the phone and reset it. Risking waking them up. We only ever used that if they fell asleep in the car and we came inside leaving them to nap.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-26-2014 01:38 PM
    I'm glad those days are behind us. But, never used anything in the day and have 3 boys all now in their 20's.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2014 12:44 PM
    I'm glad those days are behind us. But, never used anything in the day and have 3 boys all now in their 20's.
    Lol. It's a wonder people survived without technology.
    08-06-2014 09:20 AM
    Lol. It's a wonder people survived without technology.
    My nephew is appalled that I had no internet till I went to uni. Like genuinely shocked. He had no idea how I got things done with no mobile phone or internet.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    eyecrispy likes this.
    08-06-2014 09:51 AM
    If the parents sleep in a various room from the child, it would prove to be improbable to be able to monitor him or her completely unless you wake up every minute and check up on your little tyke. So we must try to do this is to use a baby monitor. With this type of healthcare digital product, you can monitor your baby as if you were actually right there beside them. And have you ever try unborn baby monitoring device by B'orze India?
    11-07-2014 05:38 AM
    We are using the d link webcams. They have apps for the iPhone, android,. WinPhone, and desktop of course. You can pan and zoom and tilt.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 06:36 AM
    We are using the d link webcams. They have apps for the iPhone, android,. WinPhone, and desktop of course. You can pan and zoom and tilt.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome! Makes me want to have another baby.
    11-08-2014 08:28 AM
    I too am in the market for a "connected" baby monitor.

Features I'd like to have....definitely motion/sound sensitive so if the baby wakes up, I'll get a notification that will wake me up.

I'd like to be able access the video remotely, so when I'm stuck at work, I can see my peanut napping.

My wife is only 14 weeks, so we have plenty of time

Posted via the Connectedly App for Android
    11-26-2014 07:03 PM
    Anyone use a dropcam as a baby monitor? My wife and I are setting up our baby registry today. She's in charge of picking everything on the list.... But the baby monitor. That's my department

03-03-2015 07:26 AM
    Anyone use a dropcam as a baby monitor? My wife and I are setting up our baby registry today. She's in charge of picking everything on the list.... But the baby monitor. That's my department

I have not, but I think that would be a great idea. You should totally do it and report back!
    03-03-2015 11:16 AM
    It's been 5 months since i was here and asked if anyone uses a "smart" baby monitor. We'll my wife is due in under a month, and I'm still looking for some suggestions

I was thinking of going the dropcam route, but feel I should probably get something who's intended use is for baby monitoring.

I'm leaning towards the Motorola MBP854. Anyone out there use it? I'd love other suggestions.

The monitor is basically the only purchase we have left. Looking forward to some feedback.

04-28-2015 08:08 AM

.... The monitor is basically the only purchase we have left. Looking forward to some feedback.

You were given one job to do....

;-)

04-28-2015 09:23 AM
    Another dad to be here (well, after 2 quite grown up kids, respectively 12 and 7 years old).
    It's hard to think to start again but, hey, it's an excuse to populate the home with other connectedly gadgets :-D

I'm also looking for a baby monitor but I would prefer to avoid another display and use our mobile phones instead. I was thinking something about Foscam FI8910W or the more expensive Motorola Blink1.

Suggestions?
    06-22-2015 03:00 PM
    We use Annie Baby monitor. I am satisfied, I am not using all features it offers, but I am glad it is secure, it seems reliable, and it is simple and easy. My boyfriend bought it, I always try to find the absolute best thing, so I keep postponing the necessary research until there is no need for it
    07-16-2015 08:37 AM
    I have a four year old son. My wife and I use a nanny cam to monitor our child when we are work. We have asked the nanny first before installing it though and she was completely fine with it.
    06-27-2016 11:48 PM
    It is better to use video monitoring rather than audio.
    03-15-2017 10:47 PM
    very nice discussion
    06-06-2017 04:42 AM
    Talk about today's monitors that people are using and in today's world one can simply not avoid technology. Heck! I can't live without it now.
    06-08-2017 01:45 AM
    Btw, anyone here that uses Asus 4k gaming monitor? I have recently bought one but I need to do a setup. Manual configuration of sort. Color balance and 4K syncing. Anyone having idea of it?
    06-08-2017 01:46 AM
    We are using audio monitor.
    06-21-2017 10:23 PM