Hello All,

I have been using the Garmin S6 Approach GPS golf watch (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into...rod138810.html) for a few months now.

This watch offers golf GPS, in round scoring and stat keeping, tempo-training and bluetooth to receive notifications and sync with the Garmin Connect app.

Unfortunately, this watch gets in its own way as it bolsters a terrible battery. I was SUPER excited the first time I took it out to the course only to be let down and have the watch die on me after 7 holes.

See, I had the bluetooth connected to receive texts (being a pebble owner, of course i was excited for this feature), but quickly found out that with the bluetooth connected the watch is useless as the battery just zeroes out. I even tested this with GPS off...I wore the watch to work one day with the GPS off but bluetooth connected and the watch lasted roughly 3 hours.

With bluetooth turned off and GPS on while playing a round, 18 holes typically drains 60% of the battery, which is fine but if you were out for a longer outing you'd be in trouble.

The GPS is very accurate, and the in round stat tracking and score keeping works well, but it is a pain to sync with the Garmin Connect app, so frustrates me to the point where I usually give up.

The "tempo-training" is basically just a beeping sound for you to time or get in sync with on your own...it offers no feedback.

This watch boasts a $400 price tag and for a device that can't last a full round with all of its features, falls far short of what it needs to justify that price.

Get something cheaper, as I mentioned the GPS works great, so go with an S2, more bang for your buck!
    Penguwin likes this.
    06-02-2015 11:21 AM
    That is quite pricey! Has firmware been pushed to address this issue?
    06-03-2015 11:52 AM
    not as of yet...

i have mine on craigslist...going to be switching to a hand held unit...
    06-03-2015 12:41 PM