I found this completely by mistake while charging my phone in the car. First up you need to load up a your notification pushing application and enable charging battery or maybe charging phone.

Now plug your suspicious cable into your phone and a power source. I found it best to use a portable battery so you can give it a good shake. Once plugged in and charging you should get a notification on your watch. Now just shake both ends of the cable, if they are dirty or broken you will get another notification as the phone starts charging again. I have found two cables already that I thought were fine!
    02-11-2014 12:13 AM
  2. Teejai80 said: Best Answer

This is for testing cables you can plug into your phone. If it doesn't charge then yes your cable is probably broken. Micro USB connectors have a tendency to get dirty and or loose over time. If that is the case you should get charging notification constantly on movement.
    Dang, thanks for that! Found one already!
    Teejai80 likes this.
    02-11-2014 04:30 AM
    Good idea!
    02-11-2014 11:02 AM
    I'm confused. If it doesn't charge doesn't that mean it's broken? Or is this for a watch (like a pebble) that doesn't have a battery icon?
    02-11-2014 03:16 PM
    This is for testing cables you can plug into your phone. If it doesn't charge then yes your cable is probably broken. Micro USB connectors have a tendency to get dirty and or loose over time. If that is the case you should get charging notification constantly on movement.
    02-11-2014 05:37 PM
    Great Tip! ... Hmmm, how do I test my pebble cable, I think it may have a issue.
    02-12-2014 01:42 AM
    I was going to do a post like this as my pebble went nuts with a charger on my phone as it dropped in/out every millisecond.
    Good find.
    Teejai80 likes this.
    03-09-2014 03:47 AM