After another delay I have canceled my order. I felt that even if they do ship in may as stated it would be realistically into June before I got it. In that time the choice of smart watches will be greater. The meteor was exciting in January but I doubt it will be quite so much in June.

If it is I will order another one.

I have been unimpressed with the "amateurish" way the company seems to run and this gives me concerns over warranty claims and support should I ever need it. Its a shame but I'm glad I'm out.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-24-2014 01:23 AM
    I hear ya... There is a certain amount of satisfaction in not having to worry about release dates, what other products will be out by that time, will this thing be outdated shortly after I get it?

Waiting for the dust to settle, so to speak.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 02:37 AM
    There were too many unanswered questions and vague responses when they were given. (Eg SDK "should" release on or after..) And assurances that the meteor would ship by a certain date and there would be no more delays to having yet another delay. I understand that new products have these bumps but if the product was nowhere near ready they should never have opened preorders.

I started to suspect a scam (paranoia) but they have said they will refund me and I will keep an eye out for it.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-24-2014 02:44 AM
    I guess the one big thing it has over the upcoming wear devices is waterproof though. I doubt we will see a waterproof wear in the next year.

I feel the same for agent and it is slipped to September! Can't be bothered chasing a refund though.

04-24-2014 03:03 AM
    I guess the one big thing it has over the upcoming wear devices is waterproof though. I doubt we will see a waterproof wear in the next year.

I feel the same for agent and it is slipped to September! Can't be bothered chasing a refund though.

Like I said. The paranoia has crept in and I'm not sure I believe even that statement. I'm not sure if it is lack of knowledge on their customer comms teams part or what, but there have been contradictions and "shoulds" and avoided questions

But, yes. Waterproofing is an essential for me.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-24-2014 03:51 AM
    I believe after the last delay (march to April) they were offering an accessory to people who requested a refund to keep them. This time they don't seem to be. (Would have made no difference to me as my original order contained all the additional accessories I would ever have needed)

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-24-2014 05:07 AM
    I'm sure this is a huge lesson learned for them in customer service and communication on the public. I'd be curious to know what percentage of their backers stuck with them vs what percentage asked for refunds. Doubt we'll ever find out, though. That said, this is a crowd funded effort so I'm not terribly surprised, although disappointed.
    04-24-2014 05:28 AM
    It didn't start well with comments about how they wouldn't have delays and dissing pebble for it.

I suspect the issue they have is that they are probably trying to do this with minimal staff. If it's true that their social media person is in china where are there other staff? Was that person given the company line and told to stick to it unless told otherwise? Might explain why they stated everything was ok and then suddenly announce another delay. If that person was not based in same office as other staff they may not have known about any problems until told to make an announcement.

EDIT: not sure how accurate this list is but it states only 5 employees:
    http://companies.findthebest.com/l/3...San-Gabriel-CA

Although another site states they have 10-20.

Seems they are registered as a mail order company according to listings I have found!!!

As far as customer communication goes it's a fail. And in this day and age where everyone can publicly have their say and air their grievances it's an epic fail.
    Last edited by chimpboy74; 04-24-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    04-24-2014 06:07 AM
    I know how you feel, I'm inching towards canceling my order for HOT watch too. While the delays may be real, these companies need a serious lesson in public relations.
    04-24-2014 09:28 AM
    I know how you feel, I'm inching towards canceling my order for HOT watch too. While the delays may be real, these companies need a serious lesson in public relations.
    Aah that's a shame. I was wondering about going with a HOT as it was a toss up between that and the kreyos originally.

Think I will just bide my time.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-24-2014 10:29 AM
    Aah that's a shame. I was wondering about going with a HOT as it was a toss up between that and the kreyos originally.

Think I will just bide my time.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    Yea... It's pretty much the same story all around...

I have backed a bunch of Kickstarter watches (hot, agent, Kreyos, etc) and they are all delayed at the moment .

04-24-2014 01:46 PM
    Yea... It's pretty much the same story all around...

I have backed a bunch of Kickstarter watches (hot, agent, Kreyos, etc) and they are all delayed at the moment .

Wow! You're a hardcore backer.
    04-24-2014 02:29 PM
    Wow! You're a hardcore backer.
    Addicted and perhaps a bit foolish may be a more accurate assessment, but "hardcore" sounds better haha.

Yea... I suppose we could create another thread for who is the biggest Kickstarter addict LOL . Its something I got into a while back and just ran with .

eyecrispy likes this.
    04-24-2014 04:04 PM
    I'm still keeping our order, but they better get it out before Apple starts selling theirs
    04-24-2014 04:41 PM
    Good point. If apple's drops, I will move on as well.
    04-24-2014 07:59 PM
    Really? Why? Apple loyalty is an amazingly strong thing that I don't really understand.

Penguwin likes this.
    04-24-2014 10:12 PM
    Really? Why? Apple loyalty is an amazingly strong thing that I don't really understand.

I used to be apple loyal. It seemed everything just worked together. My iPhone, Mac mini, and iPad. I had (have) an apple email address, iTunes match, idisk for my website. I wasbput off the price of the new iPhone 5 when it was announced (I'm tight with money in my old age) so I bought a cheaper nexus 4 as an experiment. Google have come a long way. I have Google play music which works exactly as match did but for free. Still use my email address with push on k9 mail. Etc etc

In short I think apple did a lot of things really well but others have caught up and maybe (in some areas) exceed them.

That said i still love my Mac mini and would get another if it dies. Can't say the same for iPad.

yours faithfully,
    Chimpboy74
    04-25-2014 03:43 AM

Because I like their integration. I've used android and even hacking the crap out of it doesn't do what I need. Don't like it. Gave it more than one fair shake. Apple has worked well for me but iOS is kind of boring. I'm open minded, I promise. But with their fitness focus in iOS8, I'm very curious what the iwatch may offer.
    04-25-2014 06:04 AM
    What is current status with the HOT? After cancelling my kreyos I had a look at the hot Facebook page and it's full of the same posts as I was seeing on kreyos page.
    04-25-2014 06:19 AM
    I will be very tempted to get an Apple watch because I'm in Apple 'eco ststem'. I tried Android phone (Galaxy S4) for a while but I felt iPhone is much easier to work with in my setting.

My husband just bought an inexpensive Android based watch (SmartQ Zwatch) but it doesn't work with our Mac, and it looks like we would have to buy an inexpensive Win laptop to get the watch to work :P
    eyecrispy likes this.
    04-25-2014 07:22 AM
    I also canceled my order week before last and was refunded. I was an original backer and was suppose to have it in November. Waiting on them held me back from getting a smartwatch that I really liked.
    04-25-2014 10:01 AM
    I also canceled my order week before last and was refunded. I was an original backer and was suppose to have it in November. Waiting on them held me back from getting a smartwatch that I really liked.
    Did you ever end up getting another smartwatch?
    04-25-2014 10:08 AM
    What is current status with the HOT? After cancelling my kreyos I had a look at the hot Facebook page and it's full of the same posts as I was seeing on kreyos page.
    Just got a message today from HOT watch saying that they have passed a bunch of tests for their certifications and have finalized the design. Production should begin next week.

Last I heard, they said Kickstarter backers would have their watches shipped by the end of April. This is obviously looking a bit impossible, but we will see what they say.

Update can be read here in its entirety if interested.

chimpboy74 likes this.
    04-26-2014 12:51 AM
    Thanks.

Oddly I dreamt about making calls on the HOT the other night.

Must. Resist. Ordering.

(Well until later in the year when the android wear devices start appearing)
    04-26-2014 01:46 AM
    hey guys,
    from Kreyos here.
    we understand where you are coming from and we are truly sorry for the delays. we are confident this is the last bump before the Meteor ships. the team isworking hard to ensure your receive updates & Meteor the premium smartwatch.
    jfa1 likes this.
    04-26-2014 01:49 AM
30 12