I am curious if it is possible to pair and use both a Sony Smartwatch 2 and a pair of Bluetooth headphones to my phone at the same time? I have a Moto G.

I use my bluetooth headphones all the time.. really cant imagine having to tangle myself in cords in order to use a smartwatch as well...
    01-14-2014 12:44 PM
    I haven't got any first hand experience, but I believe that the watches and headphones use different types of BT connections, so it's very likely that you can have both going (e.g. People have their phone connected to car and watch at same time).

The most accurate answer would come from someone with the same setup though, so it's possible that I could become overruled here!
    01-14-2014 01:03 PM
    Yes, it is possible, I did it yesterday!

Posted via the Android Smartwatch Fans App!
    Barljo and Illustrator Joe like this.
    01-14-2014 03:16 PM
    Yes, it works. What would be the idea to get the watch to notify, if you cant use any bt-headset at the same time? It would be the same as taking your phone out from your pocket anyway...

I have Note 10.1 (phone model) as my phone, and I keep it in my bag all the time at work. And when speaking/calling, I use only a bt-headset. I needed a smartwatch to see who's calling me or see sms/email/etc. without taking out my phone from the bag everytime.

Now I keep my bt-headset in my pocket and when someone is calling me, SW2 notifies me and I can see who is calling and answer the phone (or not) via my bt-headset... And the life is much easier with SW2 :P

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4
    01-14-2014 03:29 PM
    I am curious if it is possible to pair and use both a Sony Smartwatch 2 and a pair of Bluetooth headphones to my phone at the same time?
    Yes, of course :-) That's actually one of the best tricks, being able to make and take calls without reaching for your phone.
    01-14-2014 04:58 PM
    This is good, I was worried I'd have to chose to use one or the other... Watch or BT headphones.

Now let's see if I can win that Sony Smartwatch! Haha

01-15-2014 02:23 PM
    Last weekend I was playing music over BT through my car system, and got a few notifications over BT that popped up on the watch. No problem.
    01-16-2014 09:35 AM
    How many phones can the Smartwatch save?
    02-07-2014 05:40 AM
    I pair three devices to my phone at the same time , my watch and my headset and my carkit .. to my phone galaxy beam
    03-10-2014 04:40 AM
    What BT earpiece do you use and what smart watch? Can your BT earpiece mute, pause play, volume adjust? I am assuming it has a microphone.
    04-04-2015 11:10 AM
    What BT earpiece do you use and what smart watch? Can your BT earpiece mute, pause play, volume adjust? I am assuming it has a microphone.
    First off, welcome to Connectedly!

I have done this with a variety of different Bluetooth headsets and smartwatches... So, most configurations will work without a hitch. My current setup is a Samsung HM7000 Bluetooth headset (volume control, voice assistance, mute, etc) and a Asus ZenWatch (Android Wear smartwatch) connected to a Google Nexus 6.

However, I have used that same headset with my Sony Smartwatch 2 and had no issues.

This may depend on your smartphone and what version of Bluetooth it is designed to handle, but I have noticed that you can have 5-6 Bluetooth connected devices all at once before you begin to experience any issues.
    04-06-2015 01:31 AM
    I pair several devices to my phone without issue. I did see a bit of conflict between my Pebble and Jaybird Bluebuds X but it was just a single setting in the Pebble app that I needed to turn off. Right now, I have BT earbuds, my Fitbit Surge and a Jawbone Up24 connected to it. No issues. At times, I also have BT speakers that I connect to my phone.
    04-06-2015 02:39 PM
    Hi everyone, recently I had bought a cheap U8 smartwatch. Was thinking the U8 smartwatch will alert me while I can leave my Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" LTE in my bag when someone call, so I can use my Plantropic Voyager Edge bluetooth earpiece to answer the call..... Used to wear the earpiece while outside at a busy street (wouldn't be able to hear tablet ringing in the bag). Problem is the U8 and bluetooth earpiece cannot be connected to my tablet phone at the same time. Had try connecting U8 smartwatch to media audio mode while bluetooth earpiece to phone audio mode, but U8 wouldn't alert me when call come in. Anyone any ideas?
    06-10-2015 09:38 PM
    if you often use heaphone, best way is bluetooth earbud, it is convenient for us to take anywhere as possible
    06-22-2015 09:32 AM
    Yes, it is possible, I did it yesterday!

07-27-2015 01:55 AM
    My bluetooth is either connecting to phone audio or media audio...
    I want both the audio profile in my headphone at the same time i want to control it from smart watch..is it possible?
    07-30-2015 02:11 PM
    My bluetooth is either connecting to phone audio or media audio...
    I want both the audio profile in my headphone at the same time i want to control it from smart watch..is it possible?
    Which smartwatch do you have?
    08-01-2015 11:01 PM
    I want to pair my Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a pair of bluetooth headset to listen to audio files and control them by Sony smartwatch 2 with the tab kept in my bag... Please tell me whether I can do it and please suggest a mini wireless Bluetooth headset for the same...
    08-31-2015 11:54 AM
    I want to pair my Samsung galaxy tab 4 and a pair of bluetooth headset to listen to audio files and control them by Sony smartwatch 2 with the tab kept in my bag... Please tell me whether I can do it and please suggest a mini wireless Bluetooth headset for the same...
    You should be able to do this, but will take some additional Sony "extensions" for your Smartwatch 2. I haven't played with the SW2 in a while, but as long as the Bluetooth headset and smartwatch are both within Bluetooth range of the tablet (usually about 30 feet or so), you shouldn't have any issue there.

You will need a compatible music player on the tablet, as not all media players support the SW2.

What version of Android is your Samsung tab running?
    08-31-2015 03:51 PM
    My android version of tab is 4. 4. 2
    08-31-2015 11:38 PM
    And please suggest a mini wireless bluetooth headset... I could not find one!
    08-31-2015 11:41 PM
    And please suggest a mini wireless bluetooth headset... I could not find one!
    I imagine the availability / desirability of any Bluetooth headset kinda depends on what country you live in and what personal preferences you would like the device to have.

I have used a Samsung HM7000 and Motorola S9 Bluetooth headsets in the past with great results. My wife prefers the LG Tone Ultra headsets, which one you go with really depends on your preferences and use case.

I would try to search Google or Amazon for different ones if you want to shop around.
    My android version of tab is 4. 4. 2
    Being that your using KitKat (4.4), try out SmartMote for the SW2 HERE. I used it in the past and worked well with many media players.
    09-01-2015 02:18 AM
    I use the LG Tone Ultras as well. They can connect to two devices at once and they're comfy. Love the around the neck design.
    Penguwin likes this.
    09-01-2015 05:29 AM
    I downloaded smartMote but it didn't work.... I had downloaded wear media.... So I have to see whether this works or not and for the bluetooth device, I want a smaller one so that it is not easily seen from outside... I live in India and I have searched amazon.in.... there are products and customer care said... Any of them can be paired with my tab.... But I don't think so... It has to be in the radio frequency of my watch and tab... So could not decide which one to buy and whether it is compatible with my devices......
    09-01-2015 06:02 AM
    O... SmartMote worked finally... I have to open a music player first in my tab... then it worked.. although a bit laggy with no volume keys...
    09-01-2015 10:56 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD